IGNORED

Asteroids 2000 by ithink

WAVE 1 GAMES

A quick update on this I stated earlier that it would now work on SKUNK but being the persistent bastard that I am I got it working! Flash with JCP then boot up and the game will freeze appearing to not work. Quickly power cycle the Jaguar and hold up on the dpad (or down of you flashed to rom bank 2)

Game will boot just fine!

Thank you very much for sharing this Asteroid version of iThink: I knew it exists for at least 10 years as some screenshots were vapouring on the net but could never never found it anywhere nor any info about it.

I never thought I could play it some day so many thanks ;)

I used Jiffi to burn it on CD but so far the game doesn't start: I supposed it is related to what you wrote just before...

Edited by Felyx

• 8 months later...

It's actually mentioned in the read.me included with the zip file. Also says about who wrote it and why (to learn about programming graphics). Not a great fan of reading docs I take it ;)

Not sure where the 2000 designation comes from, title screen and file calls it asteroids - as the 2000 usually applies to official Atari games.

So... Tech demo at version 0.10. No sound, hyperspace not working, disabled collision detection on the 3do level.

This is the game Mike Watson helped write the compression routines for, backdrop taken off a NASA Web page etc?.

Nope, tinkered with some bits and bobs on the sinister version but even that was very much gordons.

So there were 2 attempts at the time to do Asteroids on the Jaguar..the Sinister version just Gordon etc experimenting with the Jaguar development kit And this one by someone else.

But nothing ever released by a commercial development team at the time?.

Pity as the PlayStation game looked pretty sweet and i enjoyed Blasteroids on the C64 and ST.

Would of been nice to of had an update on the Jaguar.

Oh well, if it wasn't to be..it wasn't to be.

So there were 2 attempts at the time to do Asteroids on the Jaguar..the Sinister version just Gordon etc experimenting with the Jaguar development kit And this one by someone else.

But nothing ever released by a commercial development team at the time?.

Pity as the PlayStation game looked pretty sweet and i enjoyed Blasteroids on the C64 and ST.

Would of been nice to of had an update on the Jaguar.

Oh well, if it wasn't to be..it wasn't to be.

Rebooteroids has a similar flavor, and is pretty awesome.

• Like 3