IGNORED

A-VCS-tec Challenge

Simon

I, for one, would hardly blame Simon if he *didn't* want to have a label contest...

Who would you blame?

Just kidding. :D

I think we've probably shaken all the problems out of the label competitions. From memory, the last one ran smooth enough. Can't remember which one it was though...

Label Contest?

I haven't thought very much about the labels, manual and box yet, but I have some visions of how the label could look.

As I really liked the results of the Mental Kombat label contest back then, I don't have any negative feelings towards another public contest. At first I want to finish the game and afterwards I'll concentrate on the other items...

I think that a lot of people on this board are very skilled graphicians and I'm sure that there would be a lot of cool sumissions, if another contest is held.

Best regards,

Simon

im still hoping for a supercharger version with all of the levels :) I always found the gauntlet level to be a greuling challenge, and I only played it to get to the other levels, which I found much more enjoyable. maybe its just me :-) It's definately got that cosmic ark meteor shower 'twitch factor' which I love so much :)

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody,

I finally updated my A-VCS-tec Challenge development site at http://www.quernhorst.de/atari/ac.html - the game is coming closer to its final version.

I have to code the increasing difficulty of the STAIRS levels and to graphically design the levels correctly...

We'll see how soon I can finish the development. ;)

Best regards,

Simon

Those are some amazing graphics for a 2600 game. While I've never heard of the original game on which this is based, it looks quite interesting.

One small request: would it be possible to make the right difficulty switch the control for music or effects? For those of us who own a 7800 but not a 2600 (like me) this'll make the game more compatible.

This looks great. Even with my limited funds, I'd definitely would want one. Please don't limit this to any kind of convention. I can never make those and hate missing out an opportunity to own something.

A label contest would be great. One question I would have is what is and what is not allowed to be on the label? Can we write Atari 2600? What type of color design or something like that is also allowed or not allowed?

I may get my wife to do it instead of me. She's an artist, sort of, but never finished pursuing her dream. I, on the other hand, have no artistic ability whatsoever with drawing or painting. :)

Phil

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Some motivation is needed to finished this game... :D

A label contest would be great. One question I would have is what is and what is not allowed to be on the label? Can we write Atari 2600? What type of color design or something like that is also allowed or not allowed?

I'm not sure if there will be any label contest this time...

The most important thing is that the game gets finished (somewhen) - afterwards I'll consider how the label and package might be designed...

Simon