IGNORED

New game released: Skool Daze

mariuszw

A minor issue, from your own screen shots in post #1. The box where "DEMO - PRESS A KEY TO PLAY" is displayed. The second line has the left most pixels of the "A" Clipped off. The whole line needs to be shifted right by one pixel, by the looks of it.

Bob

That was a bug in original version, so it is considered feature in Atari version ;)

A minor issue, from your own screen shots in post #1. The box where "DEMO - PRESS A KEY TO PLAY" is displayed. The second line has the left most pixels of the "A" Clipped off. The whole line needs to be shifted right by one pixel, by the looks of it.

Bob

That was a bug in original version, so it is considered feature in Atari version ;)

• Like 1

Great job on the conversion to Atari 8bit!

Pardon my lousy old tv image. This is what I got when playing SD on an old CRT tv. With the pixel dithering in the game, there are so many more colors picked up through artifacting and they don't look out of place. Book shelves, walls, stairs and clothing show up nicely with unique colors. I am using an NTSC 800xl with a PAL GTIA installed.

post-29261-0-86459300-1513221842_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 3 months later...

:o I was hoping for this to exist. Thanks! Gonna check it out.

Edit: the instructions mentioned being able to jump on other boys when they're down but I can't jump on them after they're down... Or any tables/chairs for that matter... So how do you get on top of others/chairs? And while I'm asking, how do you stop writing on the board?

Edit: OK so I have to double tap J to jump...

Edited by Tangentg
  • Like 1

Thank you very much mariuszw and José Pereira for making and sharing this wonderful port and a really great original game! :thumbsup:

As a former high school English teacher I've really enjoyed pelting the noggins of all of the teachers and students (that you can) in this game! :P

It's great fun knocking down the different teachers and the headmaster and laying the blame on another student for doing so! :lol:

Far from getting close to completing the game and finishing the skool year, I just try to get a score higher than 10,000 when possible.

Although I haven't played this as much as Blaster ;) I have played it a lot and continue to be compelled to return to Skool Daze regularly...

Thanks again!

Best Regards

Fingolfin

Edit/addition:

The British prep school aspect of this game is much of what makes it so unique and engaging! "Bloody hell this game's addicting!" ;)

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 2

I used to play this a lot on my ZX Spectrum in 1984/5 mainly because my school was just like the one in the game - it was a snapshot of Secondary Schools in the UK at the time. The only thing it is missing is the girls as most secondary moderns were both Boys & Girls.