IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

A2600

HERO 82

Seaquest 33

Toyshop Trouble 85

It had been a few years since I played straight through level 20 on HERO. Level 20 tends to kick my a$$, but I managed to get through it during those 82 mins. I also made it to Christmas day in Toyshop trouble. I think I had only done that once before.

• Like 8

Posting a little later than usual on account of my family celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve every year, but here's my household's stats for the week. :)

X16kwEd.jpg

Ineligible
Karous: The Beast of Re:Eden (Nintendo 3DS) - 19 minutes
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS) - 17 minutes
Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo 3DS) - 150 minutes

PlayStation
Tomb Raider - 332 minutes
Tomb Raider II - 61 minutes

Sega Genesis
Contra: Hard Corps - 313 minutes
Rocket Knight Adventures - 178 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,070 minutes (17 hours 50 minutes) [884 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Sega Genesis: 491 minutes
PlayStation: 393 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 186 minutes

For the second to last week of the year we didn't get in quite as much gaming as usual, but it was still a fun week with a good number of games played and a few new ones arriving in the mail. I had intended to finish up The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest this week before Christmas, since I figured I'd probably get a new game or two for the holidays that I'd want to start in on, but I ended up getting a little distracted by a couple new Sega Genesis games that showed up in the mail and that didn't quite happen.

After doing a play through of Star Fox 64 3D and beating the hard route on the original N64 difficulty setting for the first time the majority of my week was spent playing Contra: Hard Corps on the Sega Genesis, which arrived in the mail early in the week and certainly lives up to it's name. Any game that let's you play as a cyborg werewolf with a combination machine gun / flamethrower arm and sunglasses is awesome in my book, but holy hell is Contra: Hard Corps ever hard! After 5 hours of practice I still can't get more than halfway through the 4th level, but it's still been a lot of fun and I'm sure I'll play it many more times in the future.

The other game that showed up in the mail this past week was Rocket Knight Adventures (also for the Genesis) and the misses and I sat down together last night and spent a few hours playing it, trading off the controller between levels. It's a pretty amazing and fun game, but just like Contra it gets crazy difficult in the later stages. Konami definitely seemed to have this weird fixation with making all their Sega Genesis games insanely hard, because out of the 6 Konami games I own for the system the only one I've ever managed to beat was Castlevania: Bloodlines; and even that took a lot of practice.

That was pretty much it for me this past week, but the misses did accomplish her goal of beating the original Tomb Raider on the PlayStation then starting in on the second game in the series. She's planning on continuing Tomb Raider II next week and hoping to beat it by the end of the year, but I'm not so sure she'll be sticking to that plan after Christmas presents are opened later this evening. There may be a new game coming her way that I have a feeling might distract her from Tomb Raider II for a good long while. :lol:

I think that covers everything for this week, so until next time, Merry Christmas and happy gaming to you and yours!

Edited by Jin
  • Like 6

The only things I'm sure Turtles played this week on his TI-99/4A are:

Donkey Kong 10 minutes

Snake Plissken 40 minutes

Centipede 10 minutes

4A Flyer 5 minutes

St Nick 10 minutes

I know he played more than that, but the list has somehow lost itself in the holiday madness. . .Cthulhu rules in this house.

• Like 8

Here's the summary for Week 51, running from December 17 - 24. We logged 4142 minutes of eligible play, playing 39 games on a total of 13 systems.

Top 10:

1. Ultima IV: Quest for the Avatar (Apple II) - 840

2. Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 332

3. Contra: Hard Corps (Genesis) - 313

4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 287

5. Tyrian 2000 (PC (DOS)) - 240

6. Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (Atari 2600) - 220

7. M.U.L.E. (Atari 8-bit) - 210

8. Rocket Knight Adventures (Genesis) - 178

9. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 164

10. Twinbee 3 (NES/Famicom) - 135

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Ultima IV: Quest for the Avatar (Apple II) - 840

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 287

3. Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (Atari 2600) - 220

4. M.U.L.E. (Atari 8-bit) - 210

5. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 164

6. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 130

7. Ultra SCSIcide (Atari 2600) - 106

8. Toyshop Trouble (Atari 2600) - 85

9. H.E.R.O. (Atari 2600) - 82

10. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 54

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1115)

2. Apple II (840)

3. Genesis (491)

4. PlayStation (393)

5. PC (DOS) (305)

6. TI-99/4A (275)

7. NES/Famicom (235)

8. Atari 8-bit (225)

9. Sega Master System (111)

10. Atari 7800 (54)

I'll practice the virtue of Honesty when I note that Ultima IV on the Apple II has the Honor of being the week's top game.

And with such high numbers for the week, it's only Justice that Ultima IV reaches the 1000-minute club in spot #349, with 1640 minutes logged up until now.

However, a single game's Valor isn't enough to earn the #1 system title for the Apple II. That goes to the Atari VCS and a consortium of games, including the holiday-themed Stay Frosty 2.

• Like 6

A solid recap.... I know you are master of Humility, so you won't sing your own praises, but I know it is no small Sacrifice to make sure the tracker is updated every week... You show great Compassion for the community.

((Damn, couldn't find an appropriate spot in there for Spirituality))

:D

• Like 8

Yes, thanks for running this thread!! I love posting my playtimes. Somehow it validates my happiness in gaming.(no sarcasm intended) Sincerely, thank you!

Intellivision(Happy to post some times for this console once again!) I think this will be the year of Intellivision for me.

Carnival 20 min

Frogger 20 min

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 7

I just compiled some personal stats. Over the past 65 months, I have played 938 games on 55 different formats released before year 2000 for a total of 34275 mins, or about 2 hours per week. My top three games so far obviously are Premier Manager 1 for the Amiga at 2656 min, M.U.L.E. for the Atari 8-bit at 2001 min and Stunts / 4D Sports for PC DOS at 1062 min. That can be put into perspective with the other numbers we discussed last week, that my most played game over a period of nearly 5.5 years pales compared to what others manage to cram out in 1 week.

• Like 5

That can be put into perspective with the other numbers we discussed last week, that my most played game over a period of nearly 5.5 years pales compared to what others manage to cram out in 1 week.

Welcome to the "Mostly below detection limit" Club :-). Apart from some spikes (Historyline, Silent Hunter and some others), I hardly make any dent in the weekly stats. Still fun.

Also, here are my playtimes for this week, as I will be travelling from tomorrow on:

Atari 2600

Toyshop Trouble: 25 min

Played it for the HSC, and played it on real hardware. The cart was a gift from my AtariAge Secret Santa and it arrived just today!

• Like 5

A solid recap.... I know you are master of Humility, so you won't sing your own praises, but I know it is no small Sacrifice to make sure the tracker is updated every week... You show great Compassion for the community.

((Damn, couldn't find an appropriate spot in there for Spirituality))

:D

Hey, thank you very much! And as for Spirituality, that's OK -- Lord British (aka Albert) has a "no politics or religion" policy anyway, and he's the only one that can grant me new levels. :D

By the way, do we run this last week extended as 8 days until Monday?

Yes please! Everyone can feel free to post their times ad lib as always, but definitely include your times for 12/31 as well.

• Like 6

I'll be mad busy tomorrow, so I want to get this in now, lest I forget.

This week featured a bunch of "me" time. We also had some family in from out of town who were curious about some of the systems we were messing with, so we broke out some of the classics.

Apple II:

The Bard's Tale (30 minutes)

Ultima IV (360 minutes)

NES:

Faxanadu (60 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Aperture (20 minutes)

Henhouse (30 minutes)

Hunt the Wunpus (20 minutes)

Legends II (210 minutes)

Old Dark Cave (30 minutes)

Parsec (15 minutes)

St. Nick (30 minutes)

Tunnels of Doom (90 minutes)

Wizard's Doom (180 minutes)

Wizard's Lair (20 minutes)

It's been a great year. :) Thanks once again to thegoldenband for keeping us afloat!

• Like 8

Atari 2600:

Gingerbread Man - 10 minutes (for HSC)

Reindeer Rescue - 177 minutes (for HSC)

Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier [Demo Version] - 10 minutes (just for fun)

Toyshop Trouble - 53 minutes (for HSC)

Speaking in Stay Frosty 2, a small correction: the 3rd character rescued at the completion of Level 96 (Full Version) is HOLLY from Elf Dash

Mrs. Claus appears at the completion of Level 7 in the Demo Version.

EVIDENCE OF THE WEEK: My Stay Frosty 2 Demo Version gameplay footage, with Fastest Completions - with and without collecting presents

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (December 24th through 30th)... if I play something tomorrow, I'll post it seperately, but I'm not sure if I'll get to it tomorrow, so I do it today as usual...

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man (WIP) - 102 minutes in 4 sessions

As in the last week, again Baby Pac-Man on the Atari 7800 was the only game I played due to the fact that it's still in development and I'm now helping Bob testing it. I also helped doing a routine for it which transforms the mazes into different colors so that the necessary definitions shrink greatly in size and more room is left for sound.

Other than that, I'm busy catching up on my household chores which I've neglected for months while developing Baby Pac-Man, that's why even though I have two weeks off work, I'm still not playing much.

• Like 7

Yeah, it is quite unlikely I'll get any video games played on New Years Eve so I'll post as well:

Atari 8-bit:
Capital! - 34 min.
Green Fingers - 6 min.
Santa's Revenge - 25 min.
Snowball - 41 min.
Trains - 5 min.
Yoomp! - 37 min.

Channel F:
Pinball - 22 min.
Video Whizball - 11 min.

RCA Studio II:
Pinball - 39 min.
Scramble - 13 min.

Super Cassette Vision:
Comic Circus - 17 min.

This week we're having a penultimate round in the Atari 8-bit HSC with not so interesting Snowball and Santa's Revenge. To compensate, I decided to try a few Atari games unknown to me plus that I revisited Yoomp! for the first time since May 2016. Also my latest SCV game arrived this week, after being held just one month (!) in customs - yes, it took one week to be sent from Japan to Sweden but four weeks to be released from the customs. Finally I rounded out the week by playing the two ROM based systems that actually predated the 2600, of which I hadn't used my Luxor VES (Channel F) for more than two years.

Happy New Year to everyone who observe it!

• Like 7

I'm hoping to play some more tomorrow, so I'm waiting. =)

Same here, I'm rushing like crazy to try and finish The Master Quest in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D by the end of the year and I'm down to just Ganon's castle left to beat so I should get it done in time. Probably won't post my household's weekly times until tomorrow night or early in the morning on January 1st though.

• Like 3

Atari Lynx

I got a couple new homebrews so tried them out :) Unseen is a really neat text adventure and Xmassacre is a really fun thumb destroying arcade game :)

Unseen - 60min

Xmassacre - 100min

I also received a Amstrad CPC 464 this week, which unfortunately won't load original tapes as I need to find a new rubber wheel. But it will load off a Cassette adapter (some games copy protection doesn't work) so I've been playing a few games that way until I can fix the wheel :)

Boulderdash - 15min

Chuckie Egg - 80min

Galactic Tomb - 20min

Galaxians - 30min

This one is actually a type in game. Not sure if I can count the time it took to type it in? It took 140min to type in lol

R-Type - 10min

post-39068-0-25751900-1546226541_thumb.jpg

• Like 7