IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

ATARI 2600:

Dishaster - 24 minutes

Frostbite - 18 minutes

Galaxian - 34 minutes

OINK! - 5 minutes

Spacemaster X-7 - 35 minutes

I played these games on my 7800 ProSystem console using cartridges manufactured in Brazil by Polyvox (a company which manufactured audio equipments and was a Gradiente subsidiary). The games Dishaster and Spacemaster X-7 were named in Brazil as Mr. Chin and Space Tunnel, respectively.

I cleaned and fixed the following Game Programs with a pencil eraser and isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab: Space Tunnel, Mr. Chin, Frostbite and Oink. Then, I had more fun with these games which I repaired.

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 300 minutes in several sessions

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 5

ABC-80:

Roadrace - 2 min.

Amstrad CPC:

Winter Games - 7 min.

Atari 2600:

Bowling - 13 min.

Atari 8-bit:

Pac-Man - 3 min.

Rainbow Walker - 5 min.

Atari ST:

Super Hang-On - 2 min.

C64:

International Karate - 19 min.

Micro Hexagon - 4 min.

CBM-II:

Roadrace - 2 min.

Microbee 32:

Hopper - 4 min.

Tandy MC-10:

Flagon Bird - 4 min.

Yep, it was expo weekend again, thus the diversity of systems and generally low play times.

• Like 7

Here are my times played on classic systems this week (January 22nd through 28th)...

Arcade:

Action fighter - 73 min.

Q*bert's Qubes - 23 min.

Commodore 64:

Q*bert's Qubes (prototype) - 129 min. in 4 sessions

I cut back on gaming this week a bit because my mother's in the hospital since Thursday, suffering from heart problems.

Anyway, as for classic games, I played the arcade version of Action Fighter which is a bit different to the home versions in that there's one big map where you change between being a motorcycle and a car rider and then change to helicopter or boat at some points in the map which fly a certain distance to the end point which brings you back to the motorcycle / car in the main map. It's a horizontally scrolling racing game, but it also scrolls vertically if you go left and right. Your goal is to clear 8 posts scattered around the map and then enter and defeat the enemy fortress.

And then I discovered a game which I didn't expect to exist on the C-64, but that version was found and released a few weeks ago. I found it when actually looking for a map of C-64 Street Surfer (which doesn't exist) and one of the pictures I found instead showed a screenshot of Q*bert's Qubes. Having played the other versions extensively, I can confirm that it's pretty much complete. It recycles some of the sounds of Q*bert (which I would have expected from Parker Bros. since they also recycle the sounds across games and systems, and their other versions of Q*bert's Qubes do this as well, as the arcade game does), but unlike it, it runs silky-smooth... but slower than the original version. Also Level 1 is what's actually Level 3 on the arcade since the first two levels with fewer colors have been cut... but the other home versions are also like that. Missing from the prototype is a title screen and a Game Over screen and a possibility to go back to Level 1 after the game has ended (you always continue at the level the game ended). I got to the end of Level 6 (3 cubes short of making it) in a 44-minute game in my last session.

Apart from that, I looked a bit into the programming of the APF M1000 console.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
  • Like 5

TI-99/4A:

Bigfoot (100 minutes)

Return to Pirates Isle (20 minutes)

Sabre Wolf (30 minutes)

TI Trek (120 minutes)

Tunnels of Doom (90 minutes)

Werewolves and Wanderers (360 minutes)

Wizards Doom (50 minutes)

Macintosh Classic:

Lemmings (40 minutes)

Atari 2600:

Adventure (20 minutes)

Worm War II (30 minutes)

A good week this week... my biggest chunk of playing time was play-testing the new game *Werewolves and Wanderers* for the TI-99/4A. This game will be released to the public next week. :)

post-24953-0-96446100-1517183024.png

• Like 6

squeaking in.

SNES

Chrono Trigger (540 mins)

Atari 2600

Ms. Pacman (30 mins)

Donkey Kong (30 mins)

Missile Command (30 mins)

Asteroids (45 mins)

Yar's Revenge (45 mins)

Space Invaders (15 mins)

My 2600 was a new acquisition this week- i just wish that my claw-like hands didn't cramp up after 30 mins of playing a game ;)

• Like 7

squeaking in.

SNES

Chrono Trigger (540 mins)

Atari 2600

Ms. Pacman (30 mins)

Donkey Kong (30 mins)

Missile Command (30 mins)

Asteroids (45 mins)

Yar's Revenge (45 mins)

Space Invaders (15 mins)

My 2600 was a new acquisition this week- i just wish that my claw-like hands didn't cramp up after 30 mins of playing a game ;)

2 things:

1) Bigfoot?

2) 2600 Asteroids..... mega badass

• Like 3

Just a few times for me this week... nothing too large...

Game Gear

Rastan Saga (emulated) - 10 min (Just messing around with this one. I got to a part where I was struggling to get anywhere without being smacked around.)

Genesis

Atomic Robo Kid (emulated) - 5 min (Freakin' hard game. I'd understand if it was a game where you had a life bar, but one hit kills with a huge character in a small corridor with projectiles... sheesh...)

TurboGrafx-16

Galaga '90 - 26 min (Got nowhere near my previous high score. Wondering if it was a fluke. Very possible... my high score on Asteroids was like that... just that one magical game that went far...)

Saturn

Albert Odyssey (emulated) - 101 min (Got further in the story... killed a big slug thing on a ghost ship... found a new town and grinded some levels...)

Played some modern stuff, too. But you'll have to check the modern gaming tracker for info on those. Muwahahahacough hack cough...

• Like 5

C64-

Wheel Of Fortune- 1hr 10min Graphically similar to Genesis, but having keyboard wins out for C=

NES-

Dragon Warrior IV- 5hrs 5min

2600-

Battlezone 3hrs 20min While laying one hella beating

XE-

Bosconian- 40min New port of this classic and might be the best I've played in recent years.

• Like 6

Once again, just one game for me this week:

NES:
Dragon Warrior II - 623 min.

Great game, but the GBC port fixes a nasty bug in the game. As Mom found out yrs ago, you can actually save yourself into a complete losing position with not enough HP or items to escape a dungeon. Later port adds a few options to make that easier to avoid.

• Like 2

Great game, but the GBC port fixes a nasty bug in the game. As Mom found out yrs ago, you can actually save yourself into a complete losing position with not enough HP or items to escape a dungeon. Later port adds a few options to make that easier to avoid.

Is that in the last part of the game? I haven't encountered any save points yet except in towns/castles, but I know there's one in an area near the end, though IIRC you get HP/MP there too. I also seem to recall that you can get an item that lets you save anywhere, but I don't have it.

I think I'm about 80-85% done, as I have all the Crests, the Eye of Malroth, etc. so I'm hitting the final stretch of the game. I beat DW2 back in the early 2000s with savestates but this time I'm playing legit. I'd like to try the GBC port sometime.

• Like 2

Most of my week was spent on Modern games, but I did get a few Retro in. Next week I plan to get more Retro gaming in.

Arcadia 2001

Alien Invaders - 25min

Vectrex

Patriots - 20min

Space Frenzy - 35min

I always loved Space Fury on Colecovision, really want to get another system to be able to play it again but until then Space Frenzy is a damn good port!

• Like 6

Snes Classic. F-Zero 2'13'08 Mute city no rivals. Pink car.

Thanks.

My best time is 2'10"05 with the pink car, no rivals. If anyone can go faster than that I'd like to know. It seemed like a perfect run.

Now I'm confused too. :lol: So you played F-Zero for 2 hours 13 minutes and 8 seconds or were the times you posted just how fast you completed the race in minutes, seconds, and milliseconds and not how long you spent playing the game?

A good week this week... my biggest chunk of playing time was play-testing the new game *Werewolves and Wanderers* for the TI-99/4A. This game will be released to the public next week. :)

Werewolves & Wanderers looks awesome! I've always liked text based adventures and anything with werewolves automatically grabs my attention. I am supposed to be getting a free TI-99/4A in the mail from a friend next month so I'll have to check the game out if/when my TI arrives. :)

Edit: Strike that, I just checked my email and found out that things went sideways with the friend and apparently I'm not getting a TI-99/4A. Ah well, it's still a very cool looking game and I will have to check it out should I ever end up owning a TI.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Now I'm confused too. :lol: So you played F-Zero for 2 hours 13 minutes and 8 seconds or were the times you posted just how fast you completed the race in minutes, seconds, and milliseconds and not how long you spent playing the game?

Werewolves & Wanderers looks awesome! I've always liked text based adventures and anything with werewolves automatically grabs my attention. I am supposed to be getting a free TI-99/4A in the mail from a friend next month so I'll have to check the game out if/when my TI arrives. :)

Turned it on to play one race and that was it. A couple of minutes. :)

Edited by Trinity
  • Like 2