IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

I'm hoping that the Mateos cart will be compatible. If not, I know a solution will be down the road.

I can't imagine it wouldn't be compatible. From what (very little) I know about how cartridges work, I'd think the XM would see the Mateos as....another cartridge.

HOLY COW....I just thought of something...the XM has a POKEY and a Yamaha, right?? Does that mean that if a Mateos has a POKEY chip, then theoretically could be running sound from four different chips???

• Like 1

HOLY COW....I just thought of something...the XM has a POKEY and a Yamaha, right?? Does that mean that if a Mateos has a POKEY chip, then theoretically could be running sound from four different chips???

It should work with the Mateos cart in 32P or 48P mapping mode, which puts the on-cart POKEY at $4000

Curt, I would like to formally express my interest in purchasing an xm once they become available for sale to the general public. I would also like to appologize for any past skepticism or animosity i may have expressed towards the 7800 xm project. Although I am banned from the xm updates thread (despite still receiving regular updates from AA via forum email subs), I have been silently following it and am happy to see this long term project come to fruition.

Lastly, as a gentle reminder, you still owe me a new cartridge guide for my 7800. ;-)

Hi all:

1. Please hold off emailing me

2. I will be setting up a webpage to submit order receipts & old info to get the 180 pre-orders filled.

3. ONLY pre-orders being filled, no new orders, no requests for new orders yet.

Hi Curt, I purchased someone else's pre-order from them awhile back, is there something special that I need to do? The public announcement of the transaction was made here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/?p=3478889

I can provide any other info that you deem necessary. Thanks so much for your time and kind attention.

I may be way off, but just wondering if with the extra RAM and audio hardware, it can handle speech synthesis on games, like the AtariVox. Like if someone ported Star Wars Arcade, could they add the character lines? Or can it enhance the AtariVox capabilities?