IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

Solder paste and a hot air station, works fine for DIP parts too. ;)

As long as it's not a Sean Kelly blowtorch sara fest. We all know how that worked out in the long run. I still would have had all the common parts done in China right at the fab house. Save time, effort and money.

Our chior director has celiac. She suffered silently for years before being properly diagnosed. Restaurant dining is still a gamble for her though.

Lactose free milk and gluten free bread are great for those who have legitamate digestive disorders, but there's absolutely no reason for the vast majority of healthy folks to avoid these ingredients. I just think gluten free and lactose free and other fad diets aren't necessary for folks not suffering from specific disorders.

Now enough of this dietary nonsense. Back to XM talk... ;-)

Not trying to hijack the thread and thanks to the kind words of everyone. However, I fully embrace the gluten-free fad because demand increases supply and makes it much easier for me to find food that my daughter can eat. Plus, if you go gluten-free, you aren't consuming bread products that were originally harvested using Roundup to dry them out faster.

XM XM XM! :)

First stage is getting all of the caps and the reset to the PLD socket done, those are complete. USB connector for power (ONLY) installed to give board power with JTAG connector plugged in. Done... So now I'll burn the PLD and then install the 245 and its cap, the burn the PLCC for the BIOS and install it and its cap and lastly finish the power up reset circuit by the 123 and then the unit is ready for stage one testing with a 2600 then 7800 cart installed. If all good, time to install the Dallas nVRAM and cap and see if the high score works, the the SRAM and keep moving from there until all testing from the BIOS testing selections (when no cartridge is installed the BIOS menu comes up with settings and system function tests)

So thats it for now, gotta finish up work for work (to pay the biils ;-) and will continue tomorrow...

Yeah, yeah. We know you're going to play games with each of those boards and save your scores to them before shipping them out. :)

• Like 5

So with the first batch of XM units shipping yesterday (??) to be within the time frame promoted ("Happy New Year... XM shipping this month") (Jan 3rd till Feb 3rd of 2018 being the span of that month in the title) who got the units that where being built and sent out? I ask as of all the people I know who have pre-orders, none of them where contacted in regards to getting their XM's shipped out to them as of yet and I know the website that was to be put up for addresses,ect. is not active yet. This is both a serious question and a "what's going on here, it really looked like this was real this time" worry. I'm a little worried because as I mentioned, nobody I know of has been notified about anything. I leave it totally open that I just don't know these people who had\has one being shipped to them, forgive me if that is the case and whoever they are just remained radio silent about their shipment. I doubt anyone would be silent about getting an XM though so I need to ask things like the above. Hope all is still on track.

Good.

Shawn, please stop being a Debbie Downer in this thread. Curt has been very active lately with updates and photos, so please stop trying to instill further doubts in this whole process.

Thank you,

..Al

I thought I made it very clear in my post that I'm not being a downer about it? :?

From reading through my take is that he will send out these first six to certain people so they can fully test them . And if everything is good then over the next year he will ship a handful out a month . So the further down the list you are it will probably be about next January or February before the last ones will be shipped out .

Most, if not all, of the first 6 are going to developers/testers. There was some delay reported for the first 6 due to not having all the parts but they are now in process. There is testing that happens as the boards get built, so there could be additional delay's if debugging is needed during the build. Don't forget that these are the very first builds of this major design revision. Hopefully everything that was learned with the previous revisions will pay off and this will go smoothly.

• Like 7

So with the first batch of XM units shipping yesterday (??) to be within the time frame promoted ("Happy New Year... XM shipping this month") (Jan 3rd till Feb 3rd of 2018 being the span of that month in the title) who got the units that where being built and sent out? I ask as of all the people I know who have pre-orders, none of them where contacted in regards to getting their XM's shipped out to them as of yet and I know the website that was to be put up for addresses,ect. is not active yet. This is both a serious question and a "what's going on here, it really looked like this was real this time" worry. I'm a little worried because as I mentioned, nobody I know of has been notified about anything. I leave it totally open that I just don't know these people who had\has one being shipped to them, forgive me if that is the case and whoever they are just remained radio silent about their shipment. I doubt anyone would be silent about getting an XM though so I need to ask things like the above. Hope all is still on track.

Give it a rest ...

• Like 1

I thought I made it very clear in my post that I'm not being a downer about it? :?

Maybe it's the fact that you come across as a miserable killjoy that won't be happy until you can suddenly prove that the XM causes cancer for everyone who touches it. It's an obsession for you to hate on the thing and always has been.

Stop trying to pretend you're suddenly "nice" about it

Maybe it's the fact that you come across as a miserable killjoy that won't be happy until you can suddenly prove that the XM causes cancer for everyone who touches it. It's an obsession for you to hate on the thing and always has been.

Stop trying to pretend you're suddenly "nice" about it

I'm not obsessed about anything video game related, maybe you are and that is some weird form of projection you're using? I'm not being a Debbie Downer about this XM thing either. I've been much more cautiously optimistic about it for the last while too. Since about October of last year when I got financially invested in the outcome after reading things where finally getting back on track. I felt kinda foolish when it went off track on and off again leading up to the most recent big positive push. Was a bit let down again when there was to be shipments made last month and it didn't happen. That is pretty normal to be disapointed when you are told one thing and another happens that isn't what you where told to expect.

I might be a Realistic Ronda and a Guarded Gail in this matter but not a Debbie Downer. Even if there was some shades of ol' Deb it's not like it isn't justified as I outlined above. That's why Ronda and Gail are the chicks that come to mind as far as I see it. And I don't think the XM causes cancer, but it's decade long struggle has been a cancer if you really want to put that word to use in this matter. So sorry if I'm not gonna blindly drink the kool-aid and be all sunshine and butterflys when it's cloudy out and there is a purple elephant dead in the driveway. I'm not that ignorant nor am I willing to stay quiet about it cause it doesn't give people the warm and fuzzies. Sometimes it has had me removed from conversations here at AtariAge over the years but if there wasn't fuel on these fires they wouldn't burn. I want my XM to show up just as bad as I assume you want yours if you are also paid up and waiting. I'm allowed to point out the negatives just as much as I would and do point out the positives when EITHER are at the top of the list and relevant to the conversation.

• Like 1

I'm all for being patient, now that progress is actually being made.

So who/where do I contact if I was one of the early reserves, but have since moved to another state? I have the original legacy engineering receipt from back in 2010. I need to update the mailing address for when this finally ships. I've tried PMs and Facebook over the years, with no response. I'm not on here as much as I once was, anyone have an idea?