roryjr

Cuphead

Anyone else willing to admit that they only got through some levels in Cuphead because of co op play with their teenage son? This is a hard game at times.

• Like 2

I just bought it the other day.

Only played twice, solo. Have beaten two bosses simple & hard, and one just simple, I think, so far.

And I haven't finished that forest run n gun.

But I love the style, so dying a lot hasn't fazed me yet.

Sorry for the bump....I've never explored this part of AtariAge before and missed this topic.

Cuphead is the main reason I wanted an Xbox One. I loved the game. It was certainly tough, but the unlimited lives make it much more manageable than it could be. Like everyone else, I adore the art style. Hopefully they're working on a sequel...

I'm on isle 3 now... isle 1 was totally finished, 2 was only on simple + the run n gun type areas.. it's already getting quite difficult for me on 2 regular setting... but still fun while getting me quite angry.

• Like 1

I was saddened last night to find out I can't do anything after Isle 3 if I haven't gotten all contracts? Ugh.

I think I only have 8 right now.

And I don't think I'll be getting that Pacifist challenge......

It's tooooooo haaaaaaaaard and I don't have a teenaged son to carry me through.

In theory, since I bought it from the Windows store, I have at least double the chances to play through this since it's Play Anywhere (PC/Xbone)

• Like 1

It's tooooooo haaaaaaaaard and I don't have a teenaged son to carry me through.

Just have to keep playing and learning those patterns. You'll get it eventually if you persevere.

Make the mausoleum levels and run 'n gun levels a priority, since they will get you some new abilities or the means to buy new abilities. Use those new abilities to experiment in the levels you're having trouble with. I found the abilities that give you one more hit point at the cost of attack power to be quite useful. The attack that's like a short-range spread gun worked well for me as an alternate attack, and I also found the boomerang attack helpful in a few levels. I was eventually able to beat the game just through perseverance and a bit of experimentation, and I'm generally bad at sidescrolling run 'n guns. I've actually never beaten a Contra game without cheating.

Found this at a Gamestop (they bought ThinkGeek recently), and thought I was overspending at $20. Apparently it was on clearance, as it rang up at $10, so steal! :P

The box has a nice raised / embossed print too, good stuff all around. Recommend a trip to GS if you want to nab one on the cheap.

post-26714-0-72915100-1526690542_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I eventually had to quit. I couldn't start the final battle without beating more bosses on the harder level (at least, I think that was the issue)..... haven't gone back to it yet.

Who was your second boss? Don't you have a choice of the order?