IGNORED

Overlay reproductions

artrag

To the best of my knowlege they are all the same size.

To get the Psycho Stormtroopers orpahn sets 1, 2, or 3 will cost a fortune if you can find someone willing to sell and the flashback supplemental sets are also very costly (most likely in the $175 - 250 range).

The original overlays can still be had relatively cheap (hint, hint)

So the question is are you planning on collecting or using?

If you want to collect then of course the trick is finding someone to sell and AA is a great place to start (hint, hint as I do have a set of supplemental I am willing to part with).

If you plan on using then there are in opinion too expensive to buy the orphan or supplemental sets then use so I make my own and have had great success with them. Please PM me if you want to find out more about homemade overlays.

For the past few days I have been meaning to start a thread for 12 extra sets of the flashback and/or supplemental overlays I have, still brand new, I would like to sell or trade.

Edited by Humblejack

"I want them for personal use. I will try to print those from the flashback website. Should I scale them if printed on A4 sheet?"

You may have to try one first to get the right size. The originals are 2 3/16" X 3 9/16".

I just use MS Word and adjust till I get the right size and then as I bring in each one I adjust to the size of the 1st one. I can get 8 per page if you set them side by side.

I Laser print them backwards on transparency sheets, stick them on Avery 5165 sheets and cut them out. They are very durable and look great.

As you can see I usually print them one title of overlay per sheet but of course you can mix and match.

post-36757-0-73511000-1516744217_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 2

Why not ask the guys here if they have any loose extras they can sell. There were millions of these made. There's far more that survived then there are people that want them. There are a few rare ones but most of the old overlays are commons. Just make a list of what you want.

Is this something you want in addition to the complete boxed cartridge or instead of the complete boxed cartridge.

And yes the orginal intellivision and the flashback overlays and controllers are the same size.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread. It seems that pyscho-trooper's intellivision.org site is no longer around. Does anyone know of a way to purchase or download printable hi-res images of these overlays? With the LTO Flash coming back in stock, it would be much easier to buy or print these out rather than search for used ones individually.

I'll chime in to say that the BSR sets are absolutely a good purchase, too! At one point, I think they even had a page with the images expressly meant to download and print for yourself - just not for selling of course!

That said, those are focused on the Flashback games. If you want other games you'll have to scrounge around to find them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 11:09 AM, ahofle said:

Thanks guys, I picked up the BSR pack on ebay...looks like they are $25 now, but still a great deal. Now if only I could find some similarly reasonably priced Vectrex overlays. :(

I haven't bought any of the Sean Kelly overlays myself, but people seem to like them a lot and I really like the multicart I have.

http://www.vectrexmulti.com/order2.html

• 2 weeks later...