IGNORED

UnoCart-2600 : a DIY SD multi-cart for the 2600

electrotrains

I was so exited to get this I missed that in the manual about the number of items. For grins I threw a couple of recent home brews at it which I think use advanced processing in the cart, Draconian and Super Cobra Arcade, which didn't run. Some other recent home brews like the 64k Zippy the Porcupine runs great. It definetly does exactly what you said it would do, it's a little jewel.

• Like 2

Got to try this for the first time when the 2600Jr finally arrived got it tuned in to the RF and played some of my favourite games Asteroids, Yars Revenge. Brilliant little widget loads from the SD Card quickly and navigating is easy.

You can play just about every game Atari released in the UK for the 2600 what's not to like???

• Like 1

Yes - I'll be making some more, and I hope MacRorie in the USA will be making some too (he currently produces my Atari 8-bit hardware creations).

I've been busy designing a larger PCB with a full size SD slot. The aim of this was to make something that fits inside a standard Atari shell (e.g. combat) with minimal modifications required to the shell. The newly design PCBs arrived a few days ago, so I took the morning off to assemble one and test out the fit.

Fortunately, everything worked perfectly, so I now have a working board design that fits inside a (slightly butchered) Combat cartridge shell. It took me about 5 minutes with some clippers to cut a pretty decent slot for the SD card, though I still need to make a smaller hole for the PAL/PAL60/NTSC jumper.

Although I feel a bit bad about trashing a Combat cartridge, this is probably a better solution than trying to 3d print a shell for the smaller boards - I spent quite a lot of time trying to get something that worked from both a fit and a design point of view, and kind of gave up when it looked so ugly. Plus it didn't fit in a 7800 slot either. Enough time wasted on that one. I'm much happier with this solution.

Robin

post-41252-0-40553300-1524652838_thumb.jpg

post-41252-0-35750700-1524652856_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Yes - I'll be making some more, and I hope MacRorie in the USA will be making some too (he currently produces my Atari 8-bit hardware creations).

I've been busy designing a larger PCB with a full size SD slot. The aim of this was to make something that fits inside a standard Atari shell (e.g. combat) with minimal modifications required to the shell. The newly design PCBs arrived a few days ago, so I took the morning off to assemble one and test out the fit.

Fortunately, everything worked perfectly, so I now have a working board design that fits inside a (slightly butchered) Combat cartridge shell. It took me about 5 minutes with some clippers to cut a pretty decent slot for the SD card, though I still need to make a smaller hole for the PAL/PAL60/NTSC jumper.

Although I feel a bit bad about trashing a Combat cartridge, this is probably a better solution than trying to 3d print a shell for the smaller boards - I spent quite a lot of time trying to get something that worked from both a fit and a design point of view, and kind of gave up when it looked so ugly. Plus it didn't fit in a 7800 slot either. Enough time wasted on that one. I'm much happier with this solution.

Robin

attachicon.gifP1160754.jpg

attachicon.gifP1160756.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me.

• Like 2