IGNORED

Is it possible to convert a 2600 trakball to a PC?

liquid_sky

Is it possible to convert a 2600 trakball to a PC compatible? The reason i ask is i am a mame addict.. and the games just arnt as fun with a mouse.. and the only trakball i have seen for pc is a microsoft one built like a mouse with a little ball on it.. needless to say thats not the true effect.. and if its not possible to convert a 2600 to hopefully usb then are there any trakballs on the market made for pcs that dont suck?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Liquid,

I have a pal that lives in a boat, when he got his ST he tossed the mouse out a porthole and replaced it with an Atari trackball...space is at a premium on boats. The local Atari dealer set it up for him though so there may have been some rewiring involved.

I have a Logitech optical trackball on one of my PC's and a Radio Shack trackball on another. The RS needs the occasional degumming ala mouses, but is easier to use than the Logitech.

I have a cute little joystick that sits over the cursor keys held in place with magnets that I use when I load MAME.

cutter.

• 9 months later...

well .. This is my proyect like you.. In www.arcadecontrols.com sells one interface card IPAC to conect joystics, bottons, trackballs and spinners but the company is in London. :( and is expensive to me buy one card I live in Mexico and the mail is expensive.

I'm an addict of MAME and I see that Atari track ball have the 5 moves (up, down, left, right and fire) but need 5 volts in one line, may be if you get the 5 volst line with a powersupply and conect the normal moves lines may be works... I dont Know...

See the Track ball diagram to check the correct lines and the power lines too...

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/sche...0_CX22_Low.html

If You have conected the Atari Track Ball please .. send me a mail...

Good Luck!!!

Saludos Amigo!!! :D