IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 5 ~ Frostbite

Vocelli

Minor bump, but I had a breakthrough in improving my performance. I was getting a severe mental block at 250K. I was shedding lives left and right as soon as I hit 250K, and it was psyching me out. So I taped a piece of paper over the score and just played. The next game was the 312K score above. Not much time left, but maybe it can help put me over the top.

post-409-0-74939300-1518825374_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-85240200-1518825388_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

rats, that's almost my personal best!

I started using the strategy to purposely die before entering the igloo (if I have 7-9 lives in reserve) in order to get extra points, which also adds 1 or 2 lives.

I've been thinking about doing this little bit of farming, but honestly I get in this zone where dying is unacceptable and I just can't bring myself to blow a life just for a few extra points. Except very early on, I'm usually completing levels in 10 seconds, so there's not that much extra to farm out of there.

Edited by StanJr

I've been thinking about doing this little bit of farming, but honestly I get in this zone where dying is unacceptable and I just can't bring myself to blow a life just for a few extra points. Except very early on, I'm usually completing levels in 10 seconds, so there's not that much extra to farm out of there.

-know what you mean, and it has backfired on me. Well at any rate if you have max lives there's nothing to lose since the bonus will score you at least 1 life.

also, I've been thinking of it as "squeezing" or "pressing" since it is only available on a very limited basis.

Frostbite: 72810

See you can accidentally jump onto a pan of ice, mom! Or maybe its a (self) controller issue that is making this game a little jumpy for me. This game takes me back to when...I'll say other... kids on my street did the ice jumping thing.

Skiing 7bb: 23.76

No mate. I had the same issues at first. Also thought my controller might be a bit munted. But .. once I became more precise and backed off on the controller mid-jump .. the brain started to take over. I'm still along way from playing twitch on this game though. Games like this keep the legendary 2600 'grandfather of consoles' name alive. "Easy to learn .. Hard to Master" :)

• Like 1