IGNORED

Analmux passed away

Mathy

Rest in peace Analmux.

I doubt there will be anyone in my family contacting anyone on sites I frequent after I die, they know I'm into old computers and like Atari, but that's about it. I'll just drop off and be forgotten...not that I've done anything in the community to be remembered for anyway.

Thanks Analmux for all you did, you'll be missed.

• Like 1

Sad news...

He told me two years ago that he was planning to code a new tracker. I believe that the RMT Patch 8 was a sort of warm-up for much bigger project.

I remember that I was impressed after a brief private conversation, how thoroughly he thought about everything. His ideas were researched, calculated and explained in a way leaving almost no space for any doubts.

• Like 5

Sad.

The community will never forget his contributions.

Personally, I will not forget his genius. I met him in about 2003 at an Atari day in the Netherlands (in the gym near the school where the music teacher taught music theory in a room with about 20 Atari ST computers - quite cool in 2003 - but that's a side story). He showed me some work on his SMB. He was an impressive guy.

RIP Analmux

Condolences to his family and friends

• Like 2

A lot of major contributors to different 8 bit communities have passed away in the last few years, and stuff they were working on is often just gone. icon_sad.gif

It's to the point where I've started sending backups of various projects to friends for release if I die.

Probably something for everyone to consider.

Are there any good public services that do something like time-released vaults?

I've already got a number of cool pieces that I've produced (audio, images, game mechanics, updated solutions to old problems, and design documents) but they lose some of their impact after they've been seen for the first time. I can't just upload content to a forum as I develop more content (too likely to be a spoiler, too likely to get individually repackaged, too likely to be adopted by others), but I wouldn't mind these pieces getting released if I'm no longer moving the project forward (by choice or otherwise).

We can't be the first community to face this problem.

• Like 2

Sad.

The community will never forget his contributions.

Personally, I will not forget his genius. I met him in about 2003 at an Atari day in the Netherlands (in the gym near the school where the music teacher taught music theory in a room with about 20 Atari ST computers - quite cool in 2003 - but that's a side story). He showed me some work on his SMB. He was an impressive guy.

RIP Analmux

Condolences to his family and friends

Oh yes! I was there too. It is incredible, but I did not know that THAT guy was Analmux, until I read your post here in this thread. How strange things can go. It is a very sad story. Analmux and I had some conversations in the private messenger here on AA. I was amazed to find out he was Dutch (which is still pretty rare in the atari 8bit scene, although there are more Dutch atari folks than I thought).

That meeting was amazing btw. If I remember correct you and I played blip and I played Castle Crisis. Time flies.

• Like 1

Rest in peace Analmux.

I doubt there will be anyone in my family contacting anyone on sites I frequent after I die, they know I'm into old computers and like Atari, but that's about it. I'll just drop off and be forgotten...not that I've done anything in the community to be remembered for anyway.

Thanks Analmux for all you did, you'll be missed.

It is not the first time I have been thinking about this issue. A lot of my personal notations are in my a8 system. I am the only one in my entire family who knows to get this back to the screen, when I am no longer there. It would be a loss if they sell the stuff or throw it away. I should create a step-by-step manual to prevent this loss.

In this manual I will also write down one AA age name, who is a real-life friend too, who could help and who also might be interested in getting some of the stuff.

Edited by ProWizard
  • Like 1

That meeting was amazing btw. If I remember correct you and I played blip and I played Castle Crisis. Time flies.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to talk about the old memories in a condolence thread ... But actually, that's exactly what you do at funerals.

I remember that we did a "Cervi Nations Cup" and that we both came in second with the same score. The venue was Doordrecht.

• Like 6

This is really sad news. His "Instrumentarium" blew me away.

Rest in peace,Bernhard!

[youtube video from 2009/03/07]

This is the old version from 2009, which is not nearly as good as his final version from 2014:

Notice especially the sounds starting at 2:11

Here's the thread when he released this version:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/228757-instrumentarium-final-release-links-summary/

• Like 5

@Bunsen, I don't think its inappropriate to glorify anything related to his life and doings even in a condolences thread, I see it as a tribute to a much loved man but its nice to see people think about what they say and where, a rare sign of manners and respect these days.

Paul..

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...