IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

I am new to Atari computers and bought the SDrive-max. Are there good instructions on use someplace I can download and print? I inverted the display playing around with it, now I can't get it to access functions correctly.

Its really pretty straightforward. If you power it up while touching the screen, youll be prompted to re-calibrate the screen. Then you should be able to tap disk slots properly and select files for each one, access the CFG menu for the screen configuration or to save the disk/file configurations, etc. Edited by DrVenkman

Farb/Kbr....I would like to do a request....

Mac users will see their lists like shown on the first picture. I think this is because OSX produces extra files with about the same name for system reasons. It makes the screen kinda messy and half of the listed files are useless for the Sdrive Max.

Would it be possible to adjust the Sdrive Max firmware to hide these file types ?

Further....I noticed sometimes the screen gets a bit messed up...not sure when or how but sometimes I see the drivelist like on the second picture.

I have a feeling this is probably a library bug ?

post-25272-0-14868900-1537640044_thumb.jpeg

post-25272-0-47209600-1537640338_thumb.jpeg

Farb/Kbr....I would like to do a request....

Mac users will see their lists like shown on the first picture. I think this is because OSX produces extra files with about the same name for system reasons. It makes the screen kinda messy and half of the listed files are useless for the Sdrive Max.

Would it be possible to adjust the Sdrive Max firmware to hide these file types ?

Further....I noticed sometimes the screen gets a bit messed up...not sure when or how but sometimes I see the drivelist like on the second picture.

I have a feeling this is probably a library bug ?

Just run dotclean on the SD card before you eject it.

https://lifehacker.com/377011/delete-mac-system-files-with-dotclean

• Like 3

Nice and would work of course but that means running that app every time you add 1 a single file....

Im lazy and would much prefer a solution on the Sdrive Max side. It cant be too hard to put a filter in that looks at the underscore as the first character of the file and following that ignore displaying it... in fact ...I can have a look at the source code and see if I can add it myself :D

Nice and would work of course but that means running that app every time you add 1 a single file....

Im lazy and would much prefer a solution on the Sdrive Max side. It cant be too hard to put a filter in that looks at the underscore as the first character of the file and following that ignore displaying it... in fact ...I can have a look at the source code and see if I can add it myself :D

Sure, but remember two things: 1) OS X will add dotfiles for EVERY file, in EVERY directory; that's going to be a lot of files if you have many thousands of .ATR, ATX, XEX and .CAS files on your card. And 2) the ATmega chip is pretty low-powered and reading directories, sorting and now potentially excluding dotfiles will just add overhead to what is already fairly slow (listing and scrolling through files).

• Like 2

My screen is somewhat broken? - horizontal line on it like on photo.

and it does not show anything after succesfull v0.9 flashing:

sudo avrdude -carduino -pm328p -P /dev/ttyUSB0 -U flash:w:"/home/lemiel/AVR/sdrive-max/atmega328-ili9341/eeprom_writer.hex"

sudo avrdude -carduino -pm328p -P /dev/ttyUSB0 -U flash:w:"/home/lemiel/AVR/sdrive-max/atmega328-ili9341/SDrive.hex"

It should show something right after programming?

Bought this one: https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/2-8-inch-TFT-color-LCD-touch-screen-module-for-Arduino-UNO-MEGA2560-R3-Development-board/32831754174.html

I also tried three others versions. Also no response on screen.

post-30071-0-05634100-1537731452_thumb.jpg

best to use what's left in the sdrive for other things, dealing with duplicates of every file that shouldn't be there in the first place just can't be one of them, It's wasteful on all fronts.

A simple if then statement should be enough.....and what other things do you mean ? It serves me well as it is and for me the whole cassette emulation could be ripped out as I fail to see the pint of emulating cassettes.

But other people probably love it......what I’m trying to say, to each his own.....and the more people tell me not to do something ....the more I get triggered....

That screen looks cracked.. if it is well... not much chance for it to work or look correctly

How can you see that when the proctecitive film is still on ???

First remove the protective film....no way to know how it looks under it with it still on...also....4 bad displays ? No way. Only ordered 2 and both are fine. It must be a step in the process you do incorrectly.

My eyesight is bad but it's not so bad I can't see the screen looks like it is cracked..... adjust your monitor angle or something. I have 3 screens I can't use... but others work.. it's that high standards quality control out of china... what can you do...

Dr Venkman gave the prescription. It works, and doesn't cause any issues. It corrects an Apple issue that's affected numerous things over time. some people do it automatically so.... there you have it. It's not an sdrive max issue, but hey a filter to be set up for any chars to be avoided is a novelty that people might like. or the other way around to only show stuff with certain chars in them :) sounds like fun

the programmer should say reading writing and reading and something about the the success of the flash... and that gets done in two flash sessions, one before and one after usb disconnect re connect.... if you don't see something to that affect it's gone wrong

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

A simple if then statement should be enough.....and what other things do you mean ? It serves me well as it is and for me the whole cassette emulation could be ripped out as I fail to see the pint of emulating cassettes.

But other people probably love it......what Im trying to say, to each his own.....and the more people tell me not to do something ....the more I get triggered....

I mean, the reality is, files that start with a . are supposed to be hidden on many file systems. It seems like a pretty simple change to check for that and dont display them. But, maybe it would mess up the programs ability to index to the correct file. I havent looked at the code.

Todd

• Like 1

those are usually ili9341's... some of them if you carefully warm the double sided sticky tape will say on the other side of the screen... and sometimes they silk screen directly on the pcb... you would have to look around to be sure...

one or two boards turned to be hx8347g though

Edited by _The Doctor__

Well, according to this thread you can set the mac not to create the files.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/solved-prevent-hidden-files-creation-on-usb-drives.2022099/

defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteUSBStores -bool true

sudo mdutil -i off -d /Volumes

Havent tried it. Use at your own risk.

Todd

• Like 1

If running dotclean from the terminal before ejecting the card is too much trouble for some people, we're all wasting our breath to suggest alternatives. :)

I still say a simple IF statement in the sdrive code is worth a shot. It is by far the best solution. One IF statement is better than answering this question over and over again. :)

• Like 1

If running dotclean from the terminal before ejecting the card is too much trouble for some people, we're all wasting our breath to suggest alternatives. :)

Yeah man....sorry for thinking of an INTELLIGENT solution instead of having to type in a stupid manual command every single time I add ONE freaking file to my Sdrive-Max SD card.....

I didnt buy a Mac to type in stupid terminal commands.

And mr, Dokter always knows whats best for everyone without actually ever providing a single solution...

What makes you thinki that one single if statement would slow things down so much huh ? Have you actually ever DONE any Arduino programming ? And you dont HAVE to install the version for Mac users...should it ever arrive. The end is that your comments were pointless and only aiming to discourage KBR to have a look at it because YOU dont want it.

Have ZERO problems with the speed of Sdrive Max....its fast enough and one freaking line of code is not going to bring performance to its knees.

Hey....making it selectable will add even more code.....

Edited by Level42

I still say a simple IF statement in the sdrive code is worth a shot. It is by far the best solution. One IF statement is better than answering this question over and over again. :)

Thanks for the support....I should have asked this in a PM to KBR instead.

Why do people want to blow an idea out of the water just because its not what THEY want ?

Edited by Level42