IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

On 2/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, negative1 said:

ridge racer review:

Awesome. I went a different way in terms of my first racing cab, but if this one hits $549 later this year, like outrun did last year, I'll probably still order one.

The only thing that could sway me another way might be an arcade1up midway/atari-games racing cab. (since I've never even been at an arcade with any of those namco racers). 

Sad to hear of the weak speakers and pedals (though the pedals are rather expected)

For $700, and so much empty space in the cabinet--they couldn't even see fit to fill that space with a solid budget woofer?

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Almost Rice said:

But that Defender cab is so wrong.  You should have gotten the Defender Partycade.  The joystick layout would have been Defender all the way.

Yep, I know.  But the Partycade wouldn't have matched.  Besides, I bought that one with the intent of re-wiring it for the correct button layout.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I don't care too much for MK, MKII, or MKIII, so I'm not worried about the fighting games.  In fact, once someone figured out how to hack into that one I'll remove the ones I don't want and attempt to add Stargate and Robotron.  (I don't want to put a PI in that one).

Although I just had a thought...  If I get the Defender Partycade once it goes down in price I might try getting it and putting the game board from that one in my stand up...  I wonder if that will drive the larger monitor? :ponder:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

Yep, I know.  But the Partycade wouldn't have matched.  Besides, I bought that one with the intent of re-wiring it for the correct button layout.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I don't care too much for MK, MKII, or MKIII, so I'm not worried about the fighting games.  In fact, once someone figured out how to hack into that one I'll remove the ones I don't want and attempt to add Stargate and Robotron.  (I don't want to put a PI in that one).

Although I just had a thought...  If I get the Defender Partycade once it goes down in price I might try getting it and putting the game board from that one in my stand up...  I wonder if that will drive the larger monitor? :ponder:

The partycade uses the 17 inch monitor (not necessarily the same brand as the 3/4). so all you have to do is move the screen over, and take the controls out of the partycade and transfer them to a full sized one.

later

• Like 2

15 hours ago, negative1 said:

The partycade uses the 17 inch monitor (not necessarily the same brand as the 3/4). so all you have to do is move the screen over, and take the controls out of the partycade and transfer them to a full sized one.

later

Really?  It uses the same size monitor?  Oh, I'm definitely in then.  Thank you!

*EDIT: However, after comparing the two game lists, I'm kind of bummed that I'm going to lose two-player Gauntlet and two-player Joust...  I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do :( 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I kept seeing Arcade1up ads offering crazy discounts last month and finally bit. I ordered the Pac-man cocktail machine linked below on January 15, 2022 and have heard nothing since then. I know shipping is slow atm but I think I should have received some kind of shipping estimate by this time. Did anyone else order one of the older cabinets last month during the sale and if so, have you received your game?

https://arcade1up.com/collections/available-direct-from-arcade1up/products/blackseries-pacman

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I kept seeing Arcade1up ads offering crazy discounts last month and finally bit. I ordered the Pac-man cocktail machine linked below on January 15, 2022 and have heard nothing since then. I know shipping is slow atm but I think I should have received some kind of shipping estimate by this time. Did anyone else order one of the older cabinets last month during the sale and if so, have you received your game?

https://arcade1up.com/collections/available-direct-from-arcade1up/products/blackseries-pacman

There was a scam site that popped up last month masquerading as arcade1up (I think they were arcade1up.us)..  Are you sure you ordered it from arcade1up.COM and got a confirmation, and/or view it in your account?

Edited by NE146

On 2/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, hepcat said:

Yep, I'm screwed. Checked history and the site I ordered from was www.arcade1up.vip

Maybe it's not to late to get a refund from Paypal.

PayPal has been great to me when I got scammed, if that's what you used, you should be in luck.

12 hours ago, Rodney Hester said:

Don't think so.  Mine's been HEAVILY used by multiple parties with no issues.

Yeah, I am starting to wonder if those pics of broken sticks were YTers just trying to get attention and clicks.  Of course I'm just happy that mine's been fine up to this point.

• Like 1

Speaking of broken joysticks funnily enough.. the original A1Up release Pac-Man I generally play at my brother in laws house now can no longer go down (or has a lot of difficulty doing so). Not my machine so I can't troubleshoot what's going on but just thought it'd be worth mentioning. 

I received and assembled the Attack From Mars pinball machine from A1UP. Guys, this thing is nice! What a perfect compliment to my other arcade machines too. I've seen some of the complaints, and yeah, the color depth of the screen could be better, but it still looks good, it is in HD (there's an HDMI cable that runs the video). The audio is fantastic, definitely the best of all the machines so far, because frankly, some of the upright cabs have terrible audio (My new T2 is the weakest so far), but this pinball machine has loud and clear audio. Not a ton of bass, but that's absent in every cab I've bought. 

The only complaint I would say right now, is the audio is out of sync a bit with the solenoids. You'll feel the solenoid pop when you press the flipper buttons (which is really cool!), but a fraction of a second later you hear the audio version of the flipper noise, so it's like you hear the flippers twice.

Back to the good stuff, I love the polished steel look to all the trim and the legs, very fancy. And the screen shield is really clear, almost looks like glass. It also has my favorite pinball game of all time with High Speed II The Getaway, and that was a big factor in my decision to purchase this unit. I'm going to have so much fun with this thing. Awesome purchase, I would recommend to anyone that likes 90's pinball!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

The only complaint I would say right now, is the audio is out of sync a bit with the solenoids. You'll feel the solenoid pop when you press the flipper buttons (which is really cool!), but a fraction of a second later you hear the audio version of the flipper noise, so it's like you hear the flippers twice.

I noticed that too about the audio version of the flipper noise. You can switch it off in the menu options. (Of course, you can switch off the actual solenoids too, like if you're playing late at night and need to be extra quiet).

12 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

I received and assembled the Attack From Mars pinball machine from A1UP. Guys, this thing is nice! What a perfect compliment to my other arcade machines too. I've seen some of the complaints, and yeah, the color depth of the screen could be better, but it still looks good, it is in HD (there's an HDMI cable that runs the video). The audio is fantastic, definitely the best of all the machines so far, because frankly, some of the upright cabs have terrible audio (My new T2 is the weakest so far), but this pinball machine has loud and clear audio. Not a ton of bass, but that's absent in every cab I've bought. 

Back to the good stuff, I love the polished steel look to all the trim and the legs, very fancy. And the screen shield is really clear, almost looks like glass. It also has my favorite pinball game of all time with High Speed II The Getaway, and that was a big factor in my decision to purchase this unit. I'm going to have so much fun with this thing. Awesome purchase, I would recommend to anyone that likes 90's pinball!

PIIIIIICCCCCSSSSS please :)

12 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

PIIIIIICCCCCSSSSS please :)

Certainly :)

The chrome polish isn't quite showing up nice on all the pictures, but some are, anyway:

Side view

IMG_1416.thumb.JPG.91d64f2d137879ed0c21a7adf401a046.JPG

Front view

IMG_1417.thumb.JPG.f918beb750acc4feb0f72c2a0e5e27e0.JPG

Backlit back glass:

IMG_1420.thumb.JPG.e391c5e7644cad75d5bcaed8241bd608.JPG

Table view:

IMG_1422.thumb.JPG.983a4d93b94d0c074e6385d25cafc13a.JPG

Coin slot view:

IMG_1423.thumb.JPG.d9f1263244d4c49cc0c74196feb85714.JPG

Another side view with backglass side:

IMG_1424.thumb.JPG.ad77e8390623720b36419bc2975fb5e7.JPG

And just to update, here's the state of the arcade, the games wrap around 3 walls of the room (note where Tempest is for reference)

IMG_1425.thumb.JPG.d35f33a442c6989fbb8ec50a5fe5dc46.JPG

IMG_1426.thumb.JPG.b8e285ad39e5b44f08c07616b51697ef.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

That table looks great, in the pics it looks like an actual pinball, not like a screen.  That's been my issue, I want a "real" pinball but can't afford Stern's "affordable" $7000 home units lol.

What I have right now is this, and it is amusing but definitely DOESN'T cut the mustard:

Pinball.jpg.f4ff430f9da7d68828fb6db62335ac2e.jpg

Going to have to give more consideration to the A1up than I had.  The Atgames Legends pin looks sweet too, but obviously in different ways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

I played my pinball machine for 4 hours today. This is easily the best purchase I've made so far.

Wow, that is amazingly high praise, given the rest of what you've got in your arcade!!  I watched a YT review in which the reviewer was disappointed, but after watching it through it made me more interested as what he was unimpressed by didn't seem to strike me the same way.  There of course is the AtGames Legends Pinball which I've been waffling about for awhile, only a bit more expensive plus adding your own tables, and bigger.  But I love the look of Attack from Mars and it comes with about as many tables as I'd need.  Have to watch for sale prices on this and scratch my chin :)

• Like 2

I just really didn’t like Zen’s pinball physics. They’re probably better now, but my trust was really broken by the Star Wars tables. I also really don’t like that they tried to put Farsight out of business and made the superior versions of my favorite tables unavailable legally. So if I ever get one of those it will be the AtGames table.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I just really didn’t like Zen’s pinball physics. They’re probably better now, but my trust was really broken by the Star Wars tables. I also really don’t like that they tried to put Farsight out of business and made the superior versions of my favorite tables unavailable legally. So if I ever get one of those it will be the AtGames table.

if it's not based on real tables, i don't want to try it.

i dont like the physics, and distracting 3d stuff.

i turn off all those graphical features to make virtual pinball look like a real board. i play it mostly on the xbox one,

and on pcs, using virtual pinball emulator.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

The Bally/Williams tables use a different physics engine than the Zen Star Wars and Marvel tables. To me, the Bally/Williams is a lot more realistic and difficult, whereas on the Zen digital tables I can pretty much keep playing endlessly and have to let it drain on purpose to end the game.

I also really enjoyed Farsight's versions of the tables but the Zen Bally/Williams seem more realistically challenging than even those to me.

Incidentally, though, the upcoming v4 of Team Encoder's A1up Pinner mod will enable the Farsight Williams tables.

• Thanks 1

Here's some more cabinet fantasizing from me. Since the graphics tech is improving, as we've seen with the Ridge Racer cab, that shows 3D is possible. Since Midway is a strong license, and oft used so far, what are the chances of a Gauntlet Legends 4 player cab?

Frankly, I'm shocked there hasn't already been a 4 player Gauntlet I/II cab. 

• Like 1