IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

Any guesses on the Time Crisis? It's a good bet that it's a single player cab, because I remember them being set up that way. This one excites me because it's a pretty advanced game, full 3D IIRC. 

I think 2 player  versions were 2 of the cabs linked together, like Daytona. (I could be wrong) Would be great to see some online co-op if these are single player units. 

all possibilities, but have to wait and see how things work out, emulation, network, etc.

later

arcade 1up couchcades:

couchcades:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/arcade1up-pac-man-couchcade-2872948#preorder

pacmanC.jpg

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap! And yes, Couchcades are absolutely packed with games. Let’s start off with our headliner, the icon of icons, PAC-MAN. Power up that nostalgia (no matter what your age), as you guide him through those infamous mazes, while steering clear of aggressive ghosts BLINKY, PINKY, INKY and CLYDE. Then take on the sequel, PAC-MANIA! Oh, and that’s just the start of the phenomenal game list: you’ve also got the underground antics of DIG DUG and DIG DUG II, the interstellar action of GALAXIAN, GALAGA, and GALAGA ‘88, the lighthearted fun of MAPPY™, and yeah, NEW RALLY-X™ and ROLLING THUNDER! Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus.

Ten games, unlimited retrogaming fun. If there’s any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

https://www.game.co.uk/en/arcade1up-atari-couchcade-2872946#preorder

atariC.jpg

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap!
When looking back at the history of video gaming, there is no doubt which company was the trailblazing pioneer: Atari. A name that became synonymous with the arcade boom, and a powerhouse in broad entertainment.

Atari titles captivated the world with vibrant graphics, easily learned yet challenging gameplay, and instantly recognizable imagery.
Now, relive an amazing Atari line up from the comfort of your own couch…no matter what your age! Packed inside this Couchcade, you’ve got ASTEROIDS and ASTEROIDS DELUXE. CENTIPEDE and MILLIPEDE. Yes, MISSILE COMMAND and TEMPEST are here. Oh, and yeah, you’ve also got MAJOR HAVOC, LUNAR LANDER, CRYSTAL CASTLES, and GRAVITAR!

Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Ten games, unlimited retro gaming fun. If there is any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

The Atari one is a great idea, but the Namco one… I don’t understand why one wouldn’t just get an arcade stick for any of the eleven billion consoles that have a Namco Museum compilation.

Because, they have some exclusive games, thats why.

And if these can be modded controls, they will be way better.

Planning on getting both.

later

5 hours ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

I am very much onboard for this idea ..... but Lunar Lander without the throttle? Seems like a misstep to me.

I'll be VERY interested to see reviews of the spinner on the Couchcade.

they will never put a throttle for lunar lander. its not worth it.

the spinner will be average, i will replace it with glens retro spinner.

later

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

Assuming the couchcades are wireless I hope they don’t have the same lag problems the AtGames one did.

I'm confused by their wording. They connect via HMDI wirelessly? Like those little "Blast" keyfob things?

"...connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features..."

• Like 1

That quote doesn't say that they connect wirelessly to a television's HDMI port.

The AtGames Blast systems didn't connect to HDMI wirelessly. The system itself was contained inside the dongle that plugs into the television's HDMI port and to a USB port for power. The only thing wireless was the controller itself.

Presumably these will be similar. The system's guts that run the software are in a base unit that's physically connected to a power source and the HDMI port, while the controller that sits on your lap connects to the base unit wirelessly and is powered by a battery.

Edit: Yep, the specifications confirm it. 

• HDMI Micro Game Console (What I'm referring to as the "base unit" that contains the guts and is physically connected via HDMI and to a power source)
  • 2.4Ghz Wireless Control Deck (i.e. the controller that sits on your lap)
    • Control Deck powered by 4 AAA batteries

Further, each listing has a picture showing the full setup. A small system connected via two cables to a television (HDMI for audio/video and USB for power) and the controller sitting on someone's lap that's connected wirelessly to the system.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

The Couchades work the same as the AtGames Legends Gamer Mini and Gamer Pro. The smarts are in the console that connects to the TV and the controller is just that, a wireless controller that works with the console. It's no different than any other modern console, it's just that the star of the show is the arcade controller rather than the console, which I suppose can lead to the confusion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Yep, that’s what I figured. Wireless display casting still has no general standard.

I suspect it's more relative cost than anything else at this point. For instance, the HYPER MIRROR-0 I have is effectively zero lag wireless HDMI that's as simple and plug and play as it gets. The reality is, though, wireless HDMI is really for specific use cases rather than for something like a console, where it's far cheaper and simpler just to have a standard game console on the other side and use Bluetooth or Bluetooth-like protocols to interact with it on the controller side. That would surely change, of course, if a standard (and need) was established and displays started to have built-in wireless display protocols.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

As far as I can tell this has all of the games included here and many many more: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001E3VKC4/

Assuming the couchcades are wireless I hope they don’t have the same lag problems the AtGames one did.

i have that. unless you want to go through the hassle of getting an xbox 360, then its not worth it.

you can buy a few of the namco games for the xbox one, but not all of them.

again, this is a standalone compilation. and unless you buy an arcade stick for the xbox, it still won't control

right using the dpad and analog sticks.

later

On 3/25/2022 at 11:14 AM, jgkspsx said:

The Atari one is a great idea, but the Namco one… I don’t understand why one wouldn’t just get an arcade stick for any of the eleven billion consoles that have a Namco Museum compilation.

Because the Namco one has a Pac-Man pillow attached!

• Haha 1

here's the atari one:

https://www.popmarket.com/arc1up-atari-couchcade/195570015773

Product Image

ARC1UP ATARI COUCHCADE

Arcade1up Atari Couchcade

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again™ with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap!

When looking back at the history of video gaming, there is no doubt which company was the trailblazing pioneer: Atari. A name that became synonymous with the arcade boom, and a powerhouse in broad entertainment.

Atari titles captivated the world with vibrant graphics, easily learned yet challenging gameplay, and instantly recognizable imagery.

Now, relive an amazing Atari line up from the comfort of your own couch…no matter what your age! Packed inside this Couchcade, you’ve got ASTEROIDS® and ASTEROIDS DELUXE. CENTIPEDE® and MILLIPEDE®. Yes, MISSILE COMMAND® and TEMPEST® are here. Oh, and yeah, you’ve also got MAJOR HAVOC®, LUNAR LANDER®, CRYSTAL CASTLES®, and GRAVITAR®!

Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus.

Ten games, unlimited retro gaming fun. If there is any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

Features:

• 10 games in 1
  • Wireless Control Deck
  • HDMI Micro Game Console
  • Soft bean bag bottom
  • Built in carrying handle
  • Real feel arcade controls

Games:

• ASTEROIDS®
  • ASTEROIDS DELUXE
  • CENTIPEDE®
  • MILLIPEDE ®
  • MISSILE COMMAND ®
  • TEMPEST ®
  • MAJOR HAVOC®
  • LUNAR LANDER®
  • CRYSTAL CASTLES®
  • GRAVITAR®

Specifications:

• Assembled Dimensions: 19.6”L x 11.2”W x 4.5”H
  • Box Dimensions: 21.3” Lx 6.0”W x 13.6”H
  • Weight: 7.0 lbs
  • 2.4Ghz Wireless Control Deck
  • Control Deck powered by 4 “AAA” (Not Included)
  • Adjustable Volume
  • HDMI Micro Game Console
  • HMDI & USB cables included
  • 30ft Wireless gameplay range
  • Real feel Trackball, spinner, and buttons

later

1 hour ago, GoldenWheels said:

So the couchcade has a spinner....and has ONE of the games from the the Pong machine. Makes...sense? No Super Breakout? No Warlords? Ok....

Tempest is the most well known game from this set so yes.

They have a tabletop pong version, but it doesn't have video out, maybe they can adopt than one with HDMI out.

But I have a feeling this is a new design for the emulation box. I have their previous pac-man one, but never opened it up.

These couchades will use a similar PCB. Although those ones, allowed for other games and emulators via an SD card.

Will have to see what these new ones have, or if its locked down only for updates.

later

Tabletop is the one I have...had no space for the big boy, though I eyed it very hard. Screen is actually very good.

Just makes no sense to me not to add the Super Breakout,  the Pong games, and Warlords. Pretty sure memory and licenses aren't big $$$ considerations in this regard, and I don't think the market for them is big enough to have TWO versions of the couchcade. If they can't be added....it's like they said F it, when including them should be a no brainer.

1 hour ago, GoldenWheels said:

Tabletop is the one I have...had no space for the big boy, though I eyed it very hard. Screen is actually very good.

Just makes no sense to me not to add the Super Breakout,  the Pong games, and Warlords. Pretty sure memory and licenses aren't big $$$ considerations in this regard, and I don't think the market for them is big enough to have TWO versions of the couchcade. If they can't be added....it's like they said F it, when including them should be a no brainer.

Sorry, i meant the small 2 player tabletop thats much smaller. is this what you have?

i find that easy to play reclining, or on a chair or couch.

https://arcade1up.com/products/pong-2-player-counter-cade?_pos=1&_sid=9ac45ff6d&_ss=r

Pong® 2 Player Countercade

they have a 2 player pong cocktail table too.

later

Edited by negative1