IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Anyone try and of these giant all covering decal kits here yet for the 1ups? I have to admit I want to turn by Rampage into a 3 player Simpsons or TMNT. But I've laid vinyl before and I am looking at those side pieces like....woof. Ain't no way those go down straight and smooth easily. Maybe I am wrong?

Anyone try and of these giant all covering decal kits here yet for the 1ups? I have to admit I want to turn by Rampage into a 3 player Simpsons or TMNT. But I've laid vinyl before and I am looking at those side pieces like....woof. Ain't no way those go down straight and smooth easily. Maybe I am wrong?

Spray the surface and the back of the vinyl with warm water. start from the top and using a squeegee, work the water out from the top down. The water will push the air out and you will have no bubbles. Watch some videos on window tinting.

• Like 2

Spray the surface and the back of the vinyl with warm water. start from the top and using a squeegee, work the water out from the top down. The water will push the air out and you will have no bubbles. Watch some videos on window tinting.

Jeez that would have helped a ton with all the small jobs I've done I bet. I'll watch some vids to see how much water they use, thanks a lot. The directions in the vinyl package never mentioned adding moisture and it never occurred to me!

Not likely, it's just a test, or something they left on there.

And you're wrong about Mortal Kombat, ultimate III has 6 buttons including the run button.

later

Mortal Kombat II, as you can see in the same photo you attached, only has five on the cabinet. No where in the picture--something I based my statement on--is there a MK3.

It's true that MK3 features a sixth button, but if they want to get the layout right, that button will be at the bottom left of the main set of buttons, not in an ideal position for another non-MK fighting game.

Mortal Kombat II, as you can see in the same photo you attached, only has five on the cabinet. No where in the picture--something I based my statement on--is there a MK3.

It's true that MK3 features a sixth button, but if they want to get the layout right, that button will be at the bottom left of the main set of buttons, not in an ideal position for another non-MK fighting game.

Guess you need to learn how to read, and watch the video.

It has MK1, MK2 and ultimate MK3 in the video.

The run button is exactly where it's supposed to be.

It's been shown several times, and commented on also.

mk2-run.jpg

Sure, it's not in an ideal place, but it's still useful, as all the buttons will be there.

later

Edited by negative1

I ordered one for my Galaga cab. I figure I'll put it on the backside of kickplate to preserve the factory graphics. I'll post on how it goes. If these are relatively thick decals, it shouldn't be bad.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.

If you really wanted that, you could do it with Retropie. But playing Atari 2600 games on a cab seems kind of pointless to me.

If it had been a recreation of an in-store demo kiosk, I could understand the appeal as that was something that existed at the time the 2600 was current.

Given that the 2600 was never intended for or placed in arcade use (by Atari, anyway), sticking one into an Arcade1up is kind of an odd thing to do to my mind. It's trying to make it into something it never was by way of a cabinet design that never would have been used at the time it was on the market.

To each their own; I really don't care if this is what someone wants to do. Doesn't mean I'll understand their reasoning behind doing so, however.

I mean it's like taking ANY console.. whether it's 2600 or SNES, and modding it to fit in another form factor, like an arcade cabinet housing & controls, a handheld, or in this case, a friggin arcade1up mini-cab. i.e. questionable desirability, but a project that someone can do... if they want. :lol:

• Like 2

I mean it's like taking ANY console.. whether it's 2600 or SNES, and modding it to fit in another form factor, like an arcade cabinet housing & controls, a handheld, or in this case, a friggin arcade1up mini-cab. i.e. questionable desirability, but a project that someone can do... if they want. :lol:

The 25+ year old joysticks he used will probably last longer than the 1up sticks it came with.

(And for the record, I think it's cool. Not for me, but cool. Since we're all giving our opinions and shit)