IGNORED

Question: how much does a used PSP 3000 go for these days?

toptenmaterial

I'm thinking for emulation. Does the Vita do the same thing on the PSP level?

The Vita can do a softmod for emulation, but it has to be an older firmware (everywhere I see says 3.60 or earlier).

Otherwise you're locked out... I thought I'd hack a PSTV, but it was just a few versions too new. My understanding is your best bet is some newer Vitas (if you go this route) as they wouldn't have the latest firmware installed. If you pick up a used Vita, you might ask what firmware it's currently on!

No idea how accurate or how well they perform, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty well since the Vita is an Android adaptation. I'd say the PSP is the safest bet as I believe it can be fully softmodded at about any firmware and even up to the latest.

• Like 2

No idea how accurate or how well they perform, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty well since the Vita is an Android adaptation. I'd say the PSP is the safest bet as I believe it can be fully softmodded at about any firmware and even up to the latest.

Not to mention a PSP 2000 or 3000 can be hooked up to a TV (go with a 3000, it can do composite and component). That's a nice bonus if you want portable and television play in one device.

I'm thinking for emulation. Does the Vita do the same thing on the PSP level?

Yes it does and it does so even better actually. You can easily soft mod to do what you want even on the most recent firmware version 3.67. Don't listen to people who say otherwise, they are just misinformed.

• Like 1

Yes it does and it does so even better actually. You can easily soft mod to do what you want even on the most recent firmware version 3.67. Don't listen to people who say otherwise, they are just misinformed.

Do tell! All I can find is "3.60 and below" information. Would love to run my Vita like my PSP. If you can't link here can you shoot me a PM? Thanks. :)

Do tell! All I can find is "3.60 and below" information. Would love to run my Vita like my PSP. If you can't link here can you shoot me a PM? Thanks. :)

http://wololo.net/2017/02/25/install-ark-epsp-custom-firmware-ps-vita-3-63/

There is a lot more you can do but you should have a nice jump off point from the link above.

• Like 1

http://wololo.net/2017/02/25/install-ark-epsp-custom-firmware-ps-vita-3-63/

There is a lot more you can do but you should have a nice jump off point from the link above.

Except this only does PSP on the PSVita... HENKaku softmods the PSVita fully.

ARK just gives you PSP homebrew access on a Vita. It also seems to stop at 3.63 whereas I think the latest version out is 3.67 for the Vita and TV.

I don't see anywhere on that site about softmodding the latest firmware. \

EDIT - I found this but it still isn't really available yet...

http://wololo.net/2018/02/18/theflow-reveals-hes-fw-3-65-3-67-taihen-henkaku-will-eventually-find-way-fw-3-65-3-67/

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

I have modded a few PSPs through the years. They have never really been hard to mod and work really well. One of the coolest things is turning PS1 games into PSP games with some simple PC software. You can even add the little extras PSP games have in the menu.

I have tried to mod a PS Vita and found it very unfriendly. This was maybe a year ago and I just put it back on the shelf for later.

Another noteworthy consideration, both consoles use a silly memory card, because Sony. The PSP has cheap adapters all over the place. The Vita uses a small memory card, and I don't think you are going to be able to find an adapter. I've never seen one.

• Like 1

Except this only does PSP on the PSVita... HENKaku softmods the PSVita fully.

ARK just gives you PSP homebrew access on a Vita. It also seems to stop at 3.63 whereas I think the latest version out is 3.67 for the Vita and TV.

I don't see anywhere on that site about softmodding the latest firmware. \

EDIT - I found this but it still isn't really available yet...

http://wololo.net/2018/02/18/theflow-reveals-hes-fw-3-65-3-67-taihen-henkaku-will-eventually-find-way-fw-3-65-3-67/

I said that was a starting point. If you don't think it's possible, I'm ok with that.