IGNORED

controller organization suggestions

There's a place next to my home that sells Japanese plastic containers and boxes for organizing shelves and drawers. I've used a bunch of small sized stackable baskets to keep controllers together per system, and some kind of plastic boxes to separate drawers into compartments.

There is one particular kind of box that's perfect for Gameboy and Famicom carts, but I can't find it online. It just says "Top Container" and there are three types (1, 2, 3) of different sizes. I also use them in drawers for controllers and cables. They stackable so I can fill shelves with them easily and things stay neat.

Edit: found the manufacturer's page... Top Containers 2 and 3 are great. Haven't found 4 in the wild:

http://www.nakaya-kagaku.co.jp/product/product-1457/

Edited by Newsdee

I use stacked Rubbermaid bins (4x high) for the bulk of what I don't use. Ziplocs keep them from tangling.

They're roughly ordered in the stack by how little I think I'll want to use them. I don't think I've been in that bottom bin in a decade.

I use small nylon-strap woven baskets on a shelf my 5 permanently hooked up systems. The best controller for most of the rest of what I'd want to use is in the top bin. By the bottom one, I'm down to 3rd-party 'little brother' controllers that probably only half work..

I'm currently looking for a way to store/display my more expensive arcade sticks, and the best I can think up is "spine shelving."

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I'm currently looking for a way to store/display my more expensive arcade sticks, and the best I can think up is "spine shelving."

I haven't quite figured out a great solution for these either, especially ones that are loose/box-less.

this is not the first time this question has come up, and the most practical solution I have seen is those shoe organizers that are made of fabric and hang on the back of a door

example

https://jerryterrifying.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/controllerstorage.png

Thanks for that. I need to make more space for controllers and this solution will help a bunch. Just ordered one on Amazon for the game room.. Hell, might even order another one for another room.