IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

@ZeroPage Homebrew

I am currently watching last night's stream, and I noticed that it skipped a few seconds at least twice. Was there a problem you noticed?

Spoiler

BTW: I start Wordle with ALERT and then COINS.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I am currently watching last night's stream, and I noticed that it skipped a few seconds at least twice. Was there a problem you noticed?

I noticed a few issues while watching it last night, video would pause and/or drop down to 160p for a few seconds before returning to 1080p.

I assumed it was on my end of the connection, but may not have been.

• Like 1

I got completely disconnected a few times and then gave up :( The Twitch in-browser feature kept giving me a big red button labeled something like "reload viewer"

(edit: I usually watch on TV with the browser just open for chat, but did not last night, so I don't know if the FireTV Twitch app would have worked better…)

Edited by brpocock@star-hope.org
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew

BTW: I start Wordle with ALERT and then COINS.

I haven't watched it yet, but I start with:

Spoiler

PARES

MOUND

FILTH

If I'm still stuck, then usually:

BRICK or BLOCK, depending on if I need to test the position of already-guessed letters

55 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

I haven't watched it yet, but I start with:

Hide contents

PARES

MOUND

FILTH

If I'm still stuck, then usually:

BRICK or BLOCK, depending on if I need to test the position of already-guessed letters

Spoiler

My third word is MOGULDUMPY, except if I already have 4 or 5 letters found.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew

I believe the issue might have been on Twitch's end. The local recording of the broadcast looks good so it doesn't seem to be an hardware/encoding issue and the OBS (broadcast software) reported no dropped frames so my computer send out every frame that was captured.  From the discussion in the chat it looks like a number of people had to refresh their browser near the beginning of the stream to get it working again.

I'll keep a close eye on it on the next broadcast, just in case.

- James

• Like 1

@ZeroPage Homebrew just reached 1000 followers on last night's Twitch stream, thank you so much to everyone who enjoys watching our broadcasts! We're continuously astounded by the support the Atari community has given us over these past four years of broadcasting. Looking forward to many more!

Special shout out to BumfuzzledGames, a C64 game developer who randomly found the channel, joined in on the chat and followed last night to change the number from 999 to 1000!

- James

1799270218_20220309-1000TwitchFollowers.thumb.jpg.b9e769cff002af3bc8aa7a4ed7f70df9.jpg
  • Like 11

13 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:
@ZeroPage Homebrew just reached 1000 followers on last night's Twitch stream, thank you so much to everyone who enjoys watching our broadcasts! We're continuously astounded by the support the Atari community has given us over these past four years of broadcasting.

Congratulations, that's awesome news!  :D  Here's to 10,000! 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew Congratulations James & Tanya!  You guys do a great job with the show.  Its always fun to watch and you provide a great amount of information, concerning the homebrew scene.  Thank you.?

Thank you so much Steve, your words mean so much to me! We're so happy you enjoy the stream and keep watching after all these years! ?

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Congratulations, that's awesome news!  :D  Here's to 10,000!

Thank you Al, Looking forward to celebrating 10,000 followers in 2062! ?

- James

• Like 2

Since it looks like the glitches found in my game are likely related to the issues he has seen with 64K games on his Encore in the past, I was wondering if any of you could try out the current version on their own hardware to see if there were any issues? I want to make certain that what was seen on the stream wasn't due to bugs remaining in my game. Thanks in advance to any of you who can help.  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karl G said:

Since it looks like the glitches found in my game are likely related to the issues he has seen with 64K games on his Encore in the past, I was wondering if any of you could try out the current version on their own hardware to see if there were any issues? I want to make certain that what was seen on the stream wasn't due to bugs remaining in my game. Thanks in advance to any of you who can help.  ?

Short answer: I did not see any answers flash up, or letters colored incorrectly, having played a couple of rounds in each of the six configurations below.

I “skimmed” the ZPH show from yesterday, as Twitch issues kept me from watching live and I haven't sat down to the full thing yet. I happen to have broken my Uno Cart (the little dust cover spikey bit!) so I can only test with Encore and Plus at the moment.

Tested with the same ROM (2600words-9-NTSC.bin) and same AtariVox+ on each system

NTSC 7800 with S/Video mod through RetroTink 5x Pro and Harmony Encore … OK

" with PlusCart … OK

That's currently my “normal” rig for testing, but I happen to have all 3 of my Ataris out for testing and recording, so I can quickly lay hands upon and plug in …

NTSC vader with composite mod + RetroTink + Encore … OK, except not allowing me to guess “ELBOW” for some reason.

" with PlusCart … probably my rig, but I noticed a rhythmic glitching in the video accompanied by a faint ticking noise from my AtariVox+ speakers. Otherwise, OK

NTSC woody 4-switch, RF out + Encore — direct connection, no RetroTInk … color was VERY desaturated, more than usual for this set-up, and only on the game screen (not the title screen). But no real bugs visible.

" with PlusCart … still a bit desaturated, but otherwise OK still.

The desaturation might be because of our TV's upscaler trying to interpolate the “Venetian blinds.” It does the same thing to the Harmony cart menu (but not the PlusCart's menu).

• Thanks 1

As I sit here playing Man Goes Down (as I occasionally have for almost 20 years now), I wonder if there needs to be a Hall of Fame catagory with multiple annual recognitions and a couple new inductees per year? Nominations would be tricky, but it stinks that older games or close competitions leave some excellent software without an award. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, orange808 said:

As I sit here playing Man Goes Down (as I occasionally have for almost 20 years now), I wonder if there needs to be a Hall of Fame catagory with multiple annual recognitions and a couple new inductees per year? Nominations would be tricky, but it stinks that older games or close competitions leave some excellent software without an award. 

Yeah, Man Goes Down is truly a great game.  It's a shame the author disappeared and I was never able to properly publish it in the AtariAge Store (Nathan Strum even created a great label for it, and he started work on the manual before we lost contact with the author).  I use Man Goes Down to test AtariVoxes, so I get to play it on a regular basis.  When doing so, it's impossible for me not go get a few rounds in.  :)

..Al

• Like 8

1 hour ago, orange808 said:

Man Goes Down is incredible and I actually played it yesterday for a number of rounds! It's a game that you just keep coming back to over and over. It's tragic that it never got fully completed and unfortunate that it still has a few bugs that makes the game unplayable at a certain point. Maybe one day the author will come back to finish it up, stranger things have happened!

Thank you for the suggestion for the Hall of Fame category, it's something to think about. We do have a Lifetime Achievement Award category that does cover this type of thing somewhat.

- James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Not sure if you are still wondering about the follower numbers display. 

If so, I found this website, which displays them in real time and completely accurate.

NOTE: Continuing discussion on ZPH thread.

Thanks Thomas! I do check out socialblade from time to time. Luckily the software I'm using does go above 1000 for the Twitch follower count so we're good there but it looks like we're stuck with the 1.2K format on the YouTube count instead of 12XX.

- James

Check out these amazing keychains made by Tanya that will be going to this year's Atari Homebrew Award winners as a bonus! The awards, certificates and these amazing ZPH gifts are already on their way to all the incredible Atari game developers!

Which one is your favourite? Mine is the top right one in the second photo.

Congratulations again to all the winners!

- James

DSC02875-altered.thumb.jpg.483a77d5422e16cc8ced336d9afd9d89.jpgDSC02871-altered.thumb.jpg.d70848f408d95b346fab2a76d3cd4191.jpg
  • Like 7

Those are spectacular - Tanya did a fantastic job!

I think I agree with your top-right rainbow choice, but honestly, it's a hard choice. The one to the left of it is neat in an understated tasteful way. If I was an award winner, I'd certainly be happy with any of them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:
Check out these amazing keychains made by Tanya that will be going to this year's Atari Homebrew Award winners as a bonus! The awards, certificates and these amazing ZPH gifts are already on their way to all the incredible Atari game developers!

These are wonderful, and such a nice bonus!

..Al

• Like 2

They are excellent, and it's cool that the winners get some extra swag!  :D  I'm not sure about a favorite, but I'd like to be able to see the middle long one in the top photo that is obscured by two others. That one might be my favorite.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RevEng said:

The one to the left of it is neat in an understated tasteful way

I like that one too. It's clean and simple. It also has the full name, so if someone saw me with it I'd only have to explain what Zero Page Homebrew is, opposed to explaining what ZPH stands for, then explaining what Zero Page Homebrew is.

• Like 1