Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Tomorrow's ZeroPage Homebrew show postponed due to record breaking heatwave! Local temperatures getting up to 40C / 104F and nearby temperatures getting near 50C / 122F! Have no fear, we will return when temperatures come back down!

 

Sorry to hear! Do you guys have A/C? What are you doing to stay cool?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Karl G said:

What are you doing to stay cool?

Not living in the south. :) But things are changing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Karl G said:

Sorry to hear! Do you guys have A/C? What are you doing to stay cool?

We have a portable A/C that will cool one room down so we're keeping that in the bedroom. It's incredibly noisy so it wouldn't work well with broadcasting a show.

 

Hopefully the heat will leave soon but it won't be at least until next week when it's cool enough to broadcast again, it's hard to do the show when it's 25C and above I find. I can barely go into the room with my computer to type this!

 

- James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You better prepare for things like these repeating in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

You better prepare for things like these repeating in the future.

Very true. I've heard that it's not going to get better year over year, only worse.

 

Sadly our region was not prepared for the hottest heat wave Canada has ever seen and hundreds of people passed away in the past few days. 😞

 

We should be back broadcasting again on Tuesday next week (or before) now that things are starting to settle down here.

 

- James

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We have a portable A/C that will cool one room down so we're keeping that in the bedroom. It's incredibly noisy so it wouldn't work well with broadcasting a show.

 

Hopefully the heat will leave soon but it won't be at least until next week when it's cool enough to broadcast again, it's hard to do the show when it's 25C and above I find. I can barely go into the room with my computer to type this!

 

- James

Opening the windows at night didn't help as the air outside wasn't cooling down. Never seen that happen before.

 

17 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Very true. I've heard that it's not going to get better year over year, only worse.

 

Sadly our region was not prepared for the hottest heat wave Canada has ever seen and hundreds of people passed away in the past few days. 😞

 

We should be back broadcasting again on Tuesday next week (or before) now that things are starting to settle down here.

 

- James

Lots of forest fires started after the heat wave. Smoke from them will be coming in soon I imagine. Today is a little hazy but I don't smell any smoke yet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omegamatrix said:

Lots of forest fires started after the heat wave. Smoke from them will be coming in soon I imagine. Today is a little hazy but I don't smell any smoke yet.

I expect it to get bad as well as the smoke makes its way here but all the graphs and charts look really good so far for the Vancouver + Island area.

 

- James

 

https://www.iqair.com/ca/air-quality-map?lat=49.18639&lng=-123.15222&zoomLevel=10&placeId=xvd6Yxj282PiZtGXN

 

image.thumb.png.76c92d4b7c16cc36537c1b762b733f87.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm presently on that map. Just about where the dot is, just NW from where it says 44 above Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOHOO! Dolphin Patch #1 just achieved with a final score of 85380 out of a needed 80000 on ZPH After Dark!

 

Patch #2 score is 300000!!

 

- James

 

image.thumb.png.5dafdde1af0c4b883301b8b332baffc2.png1942881651_Dolphin-Patch1.thumb.png.150baa083b7618432a266aa0cc82c48e.png

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2021 at 3:20 AM, Nathan Strum said:

I'm presently on that map. Just about where the dot is, just NW from where it says 44 above Seattle.

Next heat wave seems to be on its way. Take care of yourselves!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 2:59 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

WOOHOO! Dolphin Patch #1 just achieved with a final score of 85380 out of a needed 80000 on ZPH After Dark!

I missed watching dolphin!  was that the same ZPH:AD as the one playing dare devil?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D Train said:

I missed watching dolphin!  was that the same ZPH:AD as the one playing dare devil?

It was! We had some extra time after Dare Devil and went after the Dolphin patch. 🙂

 

We'll be playing Dolphin again soon on an upcoming After Dark and going after the higher score (300k) patch.

 

- James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WOW! 1K SUBS ON YOUTUBE!
 
 
Last night during the ZPH After Dark stream while playing @Karl G & @mvo's Space Game, our YouTube sub count rolled over from 999 to 1000!
 
Thank you everyone for enjoying ZeroPage Homebrew enough to subscribe to our YouTube channel and support the show! I never though that there would be this big of an audience to watch us playing new games on a console that is over 40 years old.
 
I'm so happy to see this many people share the enthusiasm that I have for all these incredible new homebrew games for the systems that we grew up with.
 
I can't wait to see what the future brings! Thank you everyone and see you on the next stream!
 
- James
 
1587442848_20210714-1000YouTubeFollowers.thumb.png.deb3f9a0b25ab1dbbff0f75e3205b828.png
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...