IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 11 - Round 7 - James Bond 007

007 James Bond (Beginner): 41,450 pts.

Beat the game without losing a single life on the final run in the video. I believe I figured out the bonus scoring. It does not account for the life you are playing on, but rather the ADDITIONAL spare lives you have. With all five lives intact - four additional lives in reserve - I got a 12,000-point bonus when beating the game this time (3,000-point bonus per spare life for 4 additional lives = 12k).

Before touching the ship: 24,450

After touching ship: 29,450

Beating game: 41,450 pts

• Like 2

Hmmm...interesting...I thought there was some variance in the scoring, but I could never quite figure out what it was. I will have to try to complete the game without losing a life.

Beat the game without losing a single life on the final run in the video. I believe I figured out the bonus scoring. It does not account for the life you are playing on, but rather the ADDITIONAL spare lives you have. With all five lives intact - four additional lives in reserve - I got a 12,000-point bonus when beating the game this time (3,000-point bonus per spare life for 4 additional lives = 12k).

Bonus: Advanced - 36,900 (completed) *

post-10357-0-88330900-1523231578_thumb.jpg

* I'm confused a bit with this port. Although I completed the final round on three separate tries, with contacts with the boat that would have been a success on the Beginner level, I still only received a 005 rating. With the Atari 800, Atari 5200 and Commodore 64 ports the final rating for completing the Advanced level is 007, just like it says in the instruction manual for the Colecovision port. Could this be a programing mistake with this port and it isn't possible to get a 006 or 007 rating? The score seems accurate with the completion bonus, as far as I can tell. I was always to stressed out trying to finish the damn thing and didn't take my attention off of where the car was.

Anyone have any input on this hypothesis?

Edited by darthkur

The 007 rating on expert is attainable (i did it using savestates so this score is not part of the contest). I just wanted to verify the 007 score was attainable.

This score does not count toward the contest. This was a run without losing a life.

post-45248-0-75718300-1523273530_thumb.png

• Like 3

The 007 rating on expert is attainable (i did it using savestates so this score is not part of the contest). I just wanted to verify the 007 score was attainable.

This score does not count toward the contest. This was a run without losing a life.

attachicon.gifBond Cheat.png

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess that the docking requirements, for the final board, on the advanced setting are very narrow and specific.