IGNORED

What's going on with Steven Seagal?

This Steven Seagal is prone to hissy fits and closing his webpage down, and his emulator has become sucky lately. Why shouldn't I use Hatari instead?

Actually, I do use Hatari instead. However, if you are a Windows user, Steem SSE has a better, Windows-native interface. Since I am a Mac user, I prefer Hatari.

You can download the Windows version of Hatari, but you might be discouraged by the SDL interface which is used because nobody has stepped forward to make a Windows interface for Hatari.

I was simply answering your question. I have not used Steem SSE so I have opinion on it.

Bob C

You can download the Windows version of Hatari, but you might be discouraged by the SDL interface which is used because nobody has stepped forward to make a Windows interface for Hatari.

If that would be only flaw of Windows Hatari version ... It is easy to blame others, and saying "we don't have Windows, so can not support it ..." . Things are that there are Win specific bugs of Hatari.

I would say that Steem SSE is much better, even if is far from flawless, and is maintained by only 1 man. (or was ?). Not easy task for sure to work on emulator, so let's be not too critical.

Yes Hatari is more accurate but I still prefer using Steem SSE for two reasons...

1.) Steem runs at 60Hz (based on Windows refresh rate) which was what my North American STe ran at so I'm used to this speed.

2.) Steem has a proper 4:3 ratio in fullscreen w/ borders off and smooths out the pixel sharpness. Of course now Hatari 2.1 also does this wirh SDL 2 so I'm using this now.

I still use Hatari for 50hz demos and Falcon emulation so yeah there's room for both.

Yes Hatari is more accurate but I still prefer using Steem SSE for two reasons...

1.) Steem runs at 60Hz (based on Windows refresh rate) which was what my North American STe ran at so I'm used to this speed.

2.) Steem has a proper 4:3 ratio in fullscreen w/ borders off and smooths out the pixel sharpness. Of course now Hatari 2.1 also does this wirh SDL 2 so I'm using this now.

I still use Hatari for 50hz demos and Falcon emulation so yeah there's room for both.

Steem can run at 50 Hz - just need to use some Eu. TOS v. and deactivate Vsync. with PC dsiplay .

I tried to run Sea of Colour by DHS on Hatari a long time ago but found it was rather sluggish and had problems, and it took a long time to load as well.

I have used Steem SSE for a long time and found it faster, but in the last year Steven changed the "wait state" aspect of the emulator and there were glitches from then on, and Steem SSE has never had the best sound emulation in particular as it is.

Steem can run at 50 Hz - just need to use some Eu. TOS v. and deactivate Vsync. with PC dsiplay .

I could change the refresh rate of my PC moniotor display but I happen to like the convience of running two different emulators for my needs...

I tried to run Sea of Colour by DHS on Hatari a long time ago but found it was rather sluggish and had problems, and it took a long time to load as well.

I have used Steem SSE for a long time and found it faster, but in the last year Steven changed the "wait state" aspect of the emulator and there were glitches from then on, and Steem SSE has never had the best sound emulation in particular as it is.

Someone who made an ST game told me to get the latest version of Steem SSE because of a serious crashing bug when I quit.

Yeah, looks like Steem SSE has been well MAME'd.

I have no idea what you mean by that. I don't use MAME.

A once good emulator has been taken to shit by trying to be too "all-encompassing".

BTW - I have no stake in this, just referring to "MAME" as a verb :)