jedimatt42

TIPI Usage and Support

27 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

TIPI does not support sector IO, and I have no intention to do so... It is not meant to emulate a floppy or other spinny disk thing... There are no sectors as the files are individually contained as TIFILES files.  Sector IO is not the same as Direct Read and Direct Write LVL2 operations, those are supported as they refer to blocks of data within a file.  

For DSK. device usage ( volume name searching ) ( My TIPI wiki docs are wrong, lacking, and hard to find on this subject ) 

TIPI.TIMP. can be referred to as DSK.TIMP.

if directory TIPI.BUSINESS.TIMP is mapped to DSK3, then it can be referred to ask DSK.TIMP.

Mapped drives are searched first from 1 to 3, and then directories immediately under TIPI. are searched second.  If no name match is found, it should then attempt your subsequent storage devices.

[email protected]

Thank you for the clarifications! 

(I will try to load these files via a NanoPEB to see if I get it to work).

Looks like there is another third party dependency that has broken out from under the TIPI upgrade process. 

People should hold off on upgrades, or take the latest SD Card image, until I can post a fix.

[email protected]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Looks like there is another third party dependency that has broken out from under the TIPI upgrade process. 

People should hold off on upgrades, or take the latest SD Card image, until I can post a fix.

[email protected]

Thanks for looking into this.  I really enjoy the TIPI and appreciate your ongoing support.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, jedimatt42 said:

[email protected]

Ok, seems it was just a bad dependency download that got stuck in the pip cache...  and sounds like manually deleting the python pip cache and manually re-running the upgrade script fixed it.

[email protected]

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, jedimatt42 said:

Ok, seems it was just a bad dependency download that got stuck in the pip cache...  and sounds like manually deleting the python pip cache and manually re-running the upgrade script fixed it.

[email protected]

Just to clarify, upgrades are not broken. 

There are no changes to address this specific issue. It was an individual anomaly not likely to impact users in general. 

[email protected]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1