IGNORED

C64 Zorro

Trebor

Having played Zorro somewhat through the years, I never completed it from beginning to end. So I set a goal to completely play through the game. It was quite challenging and fun. Below is a video capture of it. The "good" ending where there's a kiss instead of a shove into the water for Zorro is included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXbQz0jPHI

Many archives for this game provide inaccurate or incomplete information respecting the C64 port. This includes the relatively recent (2015) crack by Hokuto Force that provides a map of the Spectrum port, which does not properly detail the labyrinth involved with the Catacombs.
The first time around the Catacombs is easy enough as the money bags just need to be followed. However, second time around there are no money bags to follow; therefore, below is a step-by-step screen capture guide through the Catacombs with (S)tart and (E)nd points noted.
post-18-0-95747400-1523808009_thumb.png
Although the current attached guide does increase in size considerable if the image is clicked on, there is a higher resolution version available if anyone is interested.
  • Like 3

I liked this game better when I didn't understand which type of game it was, how much back and forth is required and that what you see right away nearly is all of the scenery in the game. I had thought there was one simple puzzle to solve in the first part, then move on to the east into the landscape and take on new adventures but alas this is not that game.

Oh my gosh how did you stand 30 minutes of that music straight?

LOL...The background sound does change in game - it's not always the same music:

1. Once a bell is in the tower, there is no background melody on that screen (See ~12:15 in the video posted above). The bell sound changes to accommodate having a second in place as well (~14:05).

2. In the catacombs, although it's same overall sequence, the timbre and arrangement is quite different (~16:50).

I liked this game better when I didn't understand which type of game it was, how much back and forth is required and that what you see right away nearly is all of the scenery in the game. I had thought there was one simple puzzle to solve in the first part, then move on to the east into the landscape and take on new adventures but alas this is not that game.

I was glad it wasn't a(nother) side-scroller/run to the right game. The puzzle aspect is a nice change-up. Would have been even better if the objects were scattered more. The trips with the key and picture could have been cut back with perhaps placing items within the catacombs. Bruce Lee is definitely their better effort and the more preferred game for me, but I had fun with this title too.

• 3 weeks later...