IGNORED

ProDOS Problem

I like the u-SCI 80/64e. It seems to have had the best reliability over the years. And they are of simple construction. And I've used them in less than ideal environments. But all they do are the 80 Columns, Double HiRes graphics, and 64K memory expansion. Nothing as versatile as the RamWorks series from AE.

There's also that little shitbox card that shipped with the Platinum //e systems. Those also provide reliable basic functionality.

So I've looked up the RAM on my VidTech card, and it uses 4264-15 chips, which according to some sources are compatible with 4164 chips (the same as in the //e). According to one forum (on vcfed.org), this substitution worked on an Atari 800XL (running simple basic prompts). Assuming that they work, would this work for my //e if I replaced the RAM chips on the card with those from my original mother board, or have I been reading nonsense?

OK, so swapping the RAM does work, and finally my //e passes its internal diagnostics reliably ("System OK"). My keyboard is fully functional, except a few sticky keys (Up Arrow, T, and H), but but I think some tubing alcohol, or contact cleaner will take care of that. I'm really not in a rush on that. It boots from both 3.5in, and 5.25in drives, and all 3 drives are functioning more or less normally (the heads are clean, and all that). However, I still can't load ProDOS!?! What am I missing here?

I'm still getting many of the same errors that I was getting when I started, and BankStreet Writer won't even load now. I would suspect the disks, but they all load on my //c, and IIgs without a problem. I've even booted these disks on my Mac LC III (with //e card), and they seem to work without a problem, except on my actual //e.

Any ideas?

So I yanked my RamFactor card, and now ProDOS, and ADTPro seem to boot fine, but Bank Street is still giving me some odd problems.

IMG 0208

IMG 0207

My RamFactor did have an exposed EPROM on it, so maybe it got corrupted? If so, how do find/make a replacement?
Edited by DistantStar001