IGNORED

CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("CS1")

jrhodes

This page has an piece titled "Machine Code on Tape".

It mentions that CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("CS1") can be used from XB with success.

I am by no means a assembly programmer, but i would love to see this in action on my real machine.

Would it be possible for someone to share a .Wav or two that can be loaded from CS1 with this method successfully?

I am also aware that RXB can load assembly relatively easy, but not everyone, myself included, own (and in my particular case, can not afford) Rich's software.

I also am aware there is a long loading time with this method, but i do not mind; i already wait 3+ minutes loading a long XB program from tape.

I can provide a dedicated RXB cartridge for about $45 to a US address, somewhat more for other countries. A FinalGROM cartridge would also allow you to run it (and a whole lot of other cartridges) as a loadable image. Either of those may be too much of a reach, financially, as I don't know your situation, but either of them could also be well within reach of a carefully planned savings campaign if you have even a few dollars to spare in any given month (and assuming you wanted to spend additional cash on hobby things).

There is also much to be said for having fun with the hobby things you already have, so this is not a push to buy things--it is just a palette of ideas to draw from as you wish.

I haven't seen anyone upload or discuss a cassette file that would use this capability yet either, outside of the one or two known programs that use the capability in some way. Definitely a good target for discussion/experimentation though, for those with programming ability (I'm more of a hardware person though, so I can't help much here).