IGNORED

Selling off your Gaming Collection Gamer Rant

It would be nice not to get redirected to youtube for the explanation of things. Some nice notes would help or actually making the argument on a text based forum format.

It's a worrying trend for sure. In fact, plenty of other forums I frequent(ed) are either slowly dying out or turning into "come see this" links repositories. Video Killed The Radio Star, coming for text one too.

Yeah, I tend to not bother. Hey guys, this is awesome! Click the topic, see a link with zero explanation, think "damn.." Go elsewhere.

it's worse with YouTube videos. Go to any YouTube heavy post and see a crapload of gray generic list of lonk link images. Look at something like the "what are you currently listening to" in general for an example.

The idea of a board is you can communicate for years if you want to, broken links kinda kills that, besides, if I wanted to go to another site, I'd likely to there directly, rather than a mystery link or video that may be broken, bug/virus ridden, or just inappropriate.

It would be nice not to get redirected to youtube for the explanation of things. Some nice notes would help or actually making the argument on a text based forum format.

So much of this.

Most of the time that I'm on AA is when I'm taking a break from work. And I can't have videos blaring. I skip so many videos these days. Videos have to be really freakin' good and well-produced before I'm going to bother. They don't need big Hollywood budgets, but clean the smudges off the camera lens and set up some decent lighting. Just set two lamps up in the room, one between you and the camera off-scene to the left, and the other to the right. It's not hard. And clean the freakin' camera before you use it. It's like they've been recorded on a Game Boy Camera or something. :lol:

Edited by derFunkenstein