IGNORED

unknown famicom games? SOLD

McCallister

Received these from a relative and I don't really have a use for them. They seem to be famicom games with an adapter for playing on the NES. Anyone here interested in these or know anything more? Accepting offers or let me know if they just need to be junked. SOLD

IMG_5926.jpeg

• Like 1

Doesn't AA buy cart shells for $2 each?

Yes, and that is something I always try to do before something like this sale. Donations are primarily of Atari brand shells, though, in good clean shape, free of blemishes and imperfections. The above games without labels don't qualify for any of that criteria.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your Famicom games don't have much value, I'm afraid.  They are all bootlegs, and as such are not very collectible. But they are functional games, and I'd guess they are worth around $5 to $10 each to someone who wants them to play them. You might get a dollar or two more for the Mario game because, you know, it's Mario!

I don't collect bootleg games, but I am interested in the Famicom/NES adapter.  I used to have one, lost it, and now I've got a bunch of Famicom games I can't play until I get a new adapter. So would you be willing to sell the adapter by itself?  I realize selling the adapter will likely make it even harder for you to sell the games. But if your Famicom games don't sell anyway, I'd sure like to buy the adapter.

-Ben

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pitfall Harry said:

Your Famicom games don't have much value, I'm afraid.  They are all bootlegs, and as such are not very collectible. But they are functional games, and I'd guess they are worth around $5 to $10 each to someone who wants them to play them. You might get a dollar or two more for the Mario game because, you know, it's Mario!

I don't collect bootleg games, but I am interested in the Famicom/NES adapter.  I used to have one, lost it, and now I've got a bunch of Famicom games I can't play until I get a new adapter. So would you be willing to sell the adapter by itself?  I realize selling the adapter will likely make it even harder for you to sell the games. But if your Famicom games don't sell anyway, I'd sure like to buy the adapter.

-Ben

Yeah, me, it's why I PM'd him.  I like famicom games, boots included.  They cleaned up quite nicely. :)  That adapter is fairly interesting, trying to figure that one out at the moment since I opened up all these while cleaning to figure things out.  That one has a little extra wiring in it, not sure if it allows some more stuff to work that is a bit more extended mapper complex at this rate.  I planned to ask around to a few people including a friend of mine very deep into this stuff, writes books on it.

The carts so far are fairly interesting internally.  Spelunker and MagMax for some strange reason had some cut in half famicom stickers unused (astro robo and star soldier) wrapped around the top edge of the board, kept them in there just because they been there so long.  All of them but two are using old period chips, same ones you'd find in a legit cart pretty much.  One of them is random and one with a window, the NTDEC SMB3j copycat has 5 huge chips with their own brand logo on them.  All the games but baseball and smb3j have not only the original titles, but copyright info, they're not hacked.  Baseball lacks the (c)nintendo, and SMB3 lacks the title and that, just has the 1/2 player lines.  I grabbed them knowing they were cheap but curiosities and for the price, they do not disappoint on that grounds.

famicomboots.jpeg

This region adapter is by Fiver Firm aka fake Namco. They made region adapters for PC Engine, Mega Drive, and Famicom. They also did a pretty solid unlicensed fighting game for Gameboy Color, and made the Famicom game that 7 Grand Dad hack stole this image of Mario from. Not sure if it is worth anything, but maybe the trivia will be interesting to potential buyers, so I figured I'd share it with you

Edit: Probabyl should've read all the posts before posting. Didn't realize it was already sold

Fiver Firm Adapter.jpeg

Fiver Firm Mario.png

Edited by Ankos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2024 at 5:41 AM, Pitfall Harry said:

-Ben

Actually you are quite wrong on the bolded bits. This is just the mindset of a majority / dominant culture writing the history (i.e. American and Japanese gaming = good, unauthorized = garbage). Fortunately, some people are finally starting to realize that the less dominant and so-called fringe areas of gaming also deserve a voice, and have rich gaming cultures worthy of documentation and preservation.

Asia (all regions outside of Japan), Central / Eastern Europe, South America, and even parts of the Middle East / Africa - these games are highly collectable, with prices that reflect the collectability of these games. There are a lot of bootleg games for Famicom worth over $100, a few that hit upwards to and sometimes over four figures, and even for the more common items, we are way beyond the days of $5 a game. $10 minimum for most games, generally somewhere between $10 - $25, with better and rarer games listed above that range.

Clone machines, once again quite collectable. Boxed is king here though, starting price for an old boxed (not modern crap) clone machine is gonna be $100...

I'm just throwing this out here not to get into an argument or anything, rather to inform. For the outsider, it is easy to assume that these types of items are worthless and not desirable, but that is quite far from the actual truth.