IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Silver Medal Bracket

Vocelli

Time Pilot - Game 1 B/B

Played on: Retropie with original CX40 (via DB9 adaptor)

Getting close to Lids score. Those flying saucers are kicking my ass. Soldier on. Never played this before. Quite impressed with the port considering.

post-52250-0-21409500-1531975442.jpg

HOW did you do that?

I started using a 'Chase The Squirrel' strategy. When the squirrel went to the bottom row to turn all the squares purple, I tried to duck in behind and follow him across so the tiles would be green just as they dropped off the screen. It's riskier, especially since losing a rabbit is not an option.

For the big score, everything came together. I got all the white 'stunning' squares and I usually had the squirrel stunned on the second row from the bottom, not the last., so I could be scoring while the squirrel was sitting still. But the squirrels didn't die too fast to get the low score, because they would start jumping before falling off this screen.

I was shocked at the score, when the game ended. I kept trying to do the math in my head, but decided that I should please, please get a picture of the score without bumping the Atari and use a calculator later.

• Like 1

Scrabbler15:

I have tried my hardest to achieve a score difference like yours, but I just admit I am lacking in my skills at Quick Step. Perhaps with time and practice I shall gain better skills at this game, but I don't feel that, at this time, I can match your skills.

Thus, I hereby concede to you. You have defeated me fair and square and in a very well played manner. I congratulate you on a well played match and I wish you the best in the rest of the bracket.

I know there is still one day left, but given how much difficulty I have had with this game, I've found I only get more and more frustrated the more I play. So I wish to concede a day early.

Congratulations, Scrabbler15!

• Like 3

Scrabbler15:

I have tried my hardest to achieve a score difference like yours, but I just admit I am lacking in my skills at Quick Step. Perhaps with time and practice I shall gain better skills at this game, but I don't feel that, at this time, I can match your skills.

Thus, I hereby concede to you. You have defeated me fair and square and in a very well played manner. I congratulate you on a well played match and I wish you the best in the rest of the bracket.

I know there is still one day left, but given how much difficulty I have had with this game, I've found I only get more and more frustrated the more I play. So I wish to concede a day early.

Congratulations, Scrabbler15!

Thanks, Lauren Tyler. You push me farther than I thought I go. It was great week of competition.

• Like 1

Thanks Lid. Only just pipped you. We're about 12 hours ahead down here in Western Australia. I went to bed this morning, after nightshift, fully expecting to wake up and find my time trounced by you! :)

Well done and good luck to all remaining :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The Games are set.... randomly drawn.

You may start to play and post NOW!

Remember.... make it FUN! Post often and don't wait until the last day to post.

Concede when you think you have NO CHANCE of beating your opponent.

If there is a tie... you both advance.