IGNORED

Big pick up from former software developer (Software)

Then the NOP might be a wrong guess. Second try with an RTS attached here. It stood the test of 10 PRINT "HELLO" and RUN.

If this also does not work correct then we have to hope for FULS.

I started from Mail List and the code is similar but Mail List only compares two bytes which have to be different. The EOR is missing.

On the other hand the Commander has the plain code on disk instead of DATA statements.

Actually, there was a little bit of functionality with the first cracked disk. Some of the Debugger and Commander functions were

working, but BASIC had no functionality; and after a few functions of the Debugger and/or Commander were used, it would

either stop working (accept no function commands) or the Atari would lock up.

It seems to be working with this second disk. I've tried out quite a few of the commands and using the debugger after loading

the demo program. I was having some problems using the "Scroll" feature, though; maybe I'm not using it correctly. I'll continue

to work with it and see what I can determine.

The manuals can be found here, btw: BASIC Commander/Debugger

I thought Mail List might be different, since you had mentioned "Data statements" in your message about it before -- which I assumed

had something to do with it being written in BASIC, and this debugger/commander would be written in machine code. Anyway, just

bringing it up in case there might be something useful in what you'd already done.

• Like 1

Thanks MrFish for bumping this thread.

Thanks DjayBee for the last crack you posted. You're a rock star! I have not fully tested but it seems to work.

Also here are the files I made with your disk.

Dos25Extract.atr

This video shows the protected disk loading on a real Atari XL.

And this video shows it being copied.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I wouldn't begin to know how to back this stuff up which is why I'm showing it. If it only has intrinsic value for posterity purposes I would be glad to get it into the hands of the right person. Again, I have no idea what all of this is, but I thought maybe there would be something you hadn't seen before. If the case was no one had seen it before and this was the first chance to get them out to the public I wanted to make sure that happened.

Guy said he had more, but some of it was proprietary so he got rid of it

how's this all coming along?

how's this all coming along?

Wow, almost forgot about this post and everything else! As of now I no longer have any of the software, but I am comfortable/confident that I did get into the hands of some very serious collectors and anything worth being backed up certainly will! I know how important some of this stuff can be to the community and I certainly want to do my part in helping preserve it!

Not so much, some collectors don't worry about any such things. It's about the dollars and the least amount of effort. So long as they got what they want, not a thought about anything else.

These are people that I've sold to before and have formed great relationships with over the past year. I know them quite well and they're very serious about the preservation of everything and what's preserved and what's not. After all the help I received I wanted to make sure I did right by the community as some things are more important than the monetary value placed on them

• Like 4

• 2 years later...