IGNORED

Restoring 5200 Cartridge labels!

Omega-TI

I was not able to find a label to download and print off for a Q*bert cartridge I bought as part of a bundle quite a while back. From the looks of it, you can see it must have been stored in a garage, shed, barn or some other damp place that caused the label to mold and fall off.

BEFORE EDITING

gallery_35324_1027_49314.jpg

So, I decided to do some cleanup work on the scanned image. I did not want to spend too much time on it, but after an hour later I said, "Screw it, it's good enough".

AFTER EDITING

gallery_35324_1027_1254928.png

It's NOT perfect by any means, but it's better than it was.

FINISHED AND ON THE CARTRIDGE

gallery_35324_1027_25113.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great. Please supply details: software, tools, paper, card stock, etc. Think fixing labels tutorial.

Here is my latest cartridge 'resto'...

gallery_35324_1027_966734.png

Paper : HP Glossy Presentation

Printer/Scanner: HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdn

Tools : X-Acto knife and steel ruler (for cutting out image)

Software : Photo Editing Software

Next up: Frogger for a friend icon_biggrinwink.gif

Isn t it so odd that some of the carts came with the artwork rightside up when installed into the console, and some are ass-backwards? It makes it quite difficult when sorting carts for quick viewing.

I've always felt this was silly. Why not have the label facing toward the user, right side up when plugged in?

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1

I'd have to check, but I think only PB games have the titles upside down when inserted into the console. Atari's own games have the title facing you upright when inserted into the system. Although now that I think about it, my Miner2049 cart might be upside down when inserted into the console...

1000 times better! Great work. You must have a collection of colored card stock? Where do you get yours?

Thanks!

I did not use colored card stock on this one.

Because it has bends in it, I used << HP Glossy Presentation Paper for laser printers >> on that particular label.

Paper that is too thick, like (card stock) has a tendency to loosen over the years if it has any bends. The paper I used also has a nice smooth surface and resists smudges and can actually be wiped off with a damp towel if needed.

• Like 1