IGNORED

Geneve mouse replacements

arcadeshopper

if I recall I think there was a Unisys mouse that looked identical as the Geneve mouse. Probably different pinouts.

are you planning on buying some serial mice and rewire them for Geneve compatibility?

no as the geneve mouse is not a serial mouse.. It's a bus mouse.. it is compatible with the Atari ST mouse port and also a few others. I have a line on some mice from another computer that nobody has but their mice are NIB .. also we are working on a conversion board for a modern mouse as well.

• Like 1

The Myarc Mouse was a rebadged Z-Nix Turbo Mouse (bus mouse type, but it is easy enough to reconfigure the wiring of the serial mice to make them work as bus mice). I used to have a sheet I did up that showed the wiring changes needed, but I lost that in a flood years ago.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

The Myarc Mouse was a rebadged Z-Nix Turbo Mouse (bus mouse type, but it is easy enough to reconfigure the wiring of the serial mice to make them work as bus mice). I used to have a sheet I did up that showed the wiring changes needed, but I lost that in a flood years ago.

These secrets must be documented.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'll have to look and see if I still have one of the Z-Nix mice I built a modified cable for lurking about. As noted, my original schematic was destroyed in a flood many years ago, but I did the original by making a simple comparison of the pinouts last time, so it is a pretty easy thing to do.

• Like 2