IGNORED

Nuon Rotary controllers are ready!

coleshores

6 hours ago, fandenivoldsk said:

Is everything included with the Yak Twister board or is it needed to get an original Nuon controller to scrape for parts?

Right, the whole point is that you won't need an original Nuon controller with these boards. You'll be able to wire the board to a donor controller of your choosing, is my understanding. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 8:16 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Further, the Rev2 Yak Twister board will be capable of all three control modes simultaneously (digital d-pad, analog stick and rotary)!! The limited run of Rev1 last year was apparently limited to one mode with a jumper to determine the mode. 

This is very exciting! I was hoping for another run, and I was wondering if a new chip/board that would support analog would ever be made. For those of us that don't use FB, can anyone provide an update here? I'll repost this info on the Nuon-Dome forums.

11 minutes ago, pedalpowered said:

This is very exciting! I was hoping for another run, and I was wondering if a new chip/board that would support analog would ever be made. For those of us that don't use FB, can anyone provide an update here? I'll repost this info on the Nuon-Dome forums.

Good q. I hadn't heard anything, so just now I posted in the Facebook group and already got a reply from Nick, who has been the one sending updates based on communications with the developer, Lee. He has no update at this time, but will post in the Facebook group when he hears anything further. I'll gladly post updates here as I get them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Good q. I hadn't heard anything, so just now I posted in the Facebook group and already got a reply from Nick, who has been the one sending updates based on communications with the developer, Lee. He has no update at this time, but will post in the Facebook group when he hears anything further. I'll gladly post updates here as I get them.

Thanks!  I don't use FB and I'd hate to miss out on this 2nd run.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a huge NUON controller shortage right now.  With the release of Iron Soldier 3 there is going to be a huge demand for them will you guys have anything in the near future for this?  Just regular controllers are all we need but one with a spinner on it too hell yeah.  Please post an announcement in the NUON Dome forum when you have a release https://www.thehelper.net/forums/nuon-dome-general-discussion.80/  Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Big Nuon controller news!!! Passing along Nick's update from Lee since I know not everyone here has Facebook. Cheers. 

1267B50D-824E-40BC-8CC5-55D65F345077.jpeg

Where do we go to purchase one of these?  I own a Nuon player and Tempest 3000, but no controller. 

• 10 months later...

Just jumping in to get updates myself. I'd like any Nuon controller, especially rotary, but I need a standard one as well! Something that covers it all would be great.

Also, how essential is a remote? Can the controller be used as one for playing DVDs? I'm just picking up a Nuon bare-bones, and wondering what I need besides a controller. I don't care about a remote unless it is required, and can't be replicated enough by a universal remote. I don't even care if I can't play regular DVDs on it. I'm hoping the buttons on the front would be enough to get going if the controller alone isn't.

Welcome to the NUON scene, @Hastor! Which model player did you pick up? I would definitely recommend purchasing a remote. I'm fairly certain that the NUON controllers don't function unless and until a game disc is inserted into the player. Also, a remote can be used as a game controller in an absolute pinch. Depending on where you are located and which model player you have, I may be able to hook you up with a remote from one of my spares for a solid price. You should also come say hello over at the NUON thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/254444-nuon-game-system-talk-discussion/page/16/#comments

• Like 1