IGNORED

Possible Phillips CD-i Mini

Hwlngmad

If it happened, I'd buy it depending on the games and price. But they'd need to wrangle a lot of licensing deals to happen so it's not going to happen. I'd want Link Faces of Evil and Hotel Mario from Nintendo. Then you'd have digital leisure with Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. The other random scatter shot stuff like Mutant Rampage Body Slam, Lords of the Rising Sun, Little Divil, Escape from Cyber City, Namco Museum, Tetris, Pinball, Kether, Voyeur, Burn Cycle, Chaos Control are just 15 games off the top of my head I think would be a nice collection.

I kind of doubt Nintendo'd give them the rights to include those games; they're very protective of the brand image of their IPs and even if hardcore gamers know those games as the jokes they are, putting them out there again officially could give a bit of a sloppy look to those IPs to those who don't know better...assuming a CD-i Mini ever got enough traction to get big mainstream numbers.

You've certainly done a way better job coming up w/ a list than I ever could for the this system, tho.

Would there be any interest in a combined Sega CD and 32X mini? They're part of Sega's history and there are some fun games for those systems.

Tbh they can kind of do this already with that upcoming MegaDrive Mini. Maybe just do a version that looks like a combined unit (well, maybe not the Frankenstein version, maybe base it off the CDX or that CD/32X prototype design maybe).

...Hey, with ATGames out of the picture, my hope's renewed on this one xD

I would be highly interested in a Genesis 32x Mini and/or a Sega Genesis Sega CD combo mini, that's for sure. Hell, even compilations of some kind would be great to see.

Would there be any interest in a combined Sega CD and 32X mini? They're part of Sega's history and there are some fun games for those systems.

I would be highly interested in a Genesis 32x Mini and/or a Sega Genesis Sega CD combo mini, that's for sure. Hell, even compilations of some kind would be great to see.

Given the low reliability and small libraries of those consoles, an all-in-one would likely be preferable to real hardware.

Given the low reliability and small libraries of those consoles, an all-in-one would likely be preferable to real hardware.

Yeah, I suspect it will simply be a matter of rolling in 32X and Sega CD functionality into a standard Genesis PnP at some point. Otherwise, there's likely no stand-alone market.

• Like 2

Agreed gentlemen. The 32x and/or CD rolled into a general Genesis package would be best bet. However, I would also think some kind of compilation disc of 32x and/or Sega CD titles would sell well, too. However, when/if these get made seems like a low chance of it IMO.

Yeah, I suspect it will simply be a matter of rolling in 32X and Sega CD functionality into a standard Genesis PnP at some point. Otherwise, there's likely no stand-alone market.

...Why?

People didn't even seem to care about CD-i that much back when it was relevant; it's more infamous than famous, and that's because of the Mario and Zelda games. Also in terms of games actually worth playing, I honestly can't think of much besides Burn:Cycle (which I could've sworn was a 3DO game but guess not). I'd much rather have a 3DO Classic, tbh; that system actually has a nice handful of pretty good and interesting games, enough to fill out a collection of like 20-40 pack-ins.

I mean, a CD-i classic makes about as much sense as a Tandy VIS Classic....there's no real point. And there's a stable of other systems easily more deserving of a Classic mini ahead of either of those two. Off the top of my head, you've got PC-Engine, Saturn, Dreamcast, 3DO, Gamecube, and I wouldn't mind some kind of mini-arcade Classic-type thing in the vein of the Arcade1UP series (but better specs) for the CPS2, Namco System series , Sega System + Model series of arcade systems, or Atari's arcade games from the '80s and '90s on a single cabinet. $300 for any of those would be worth it if they were done right.

I'm pretty serious about my 3DO and I can assure you there aren't 20 exclusive games on there you'd want to play. Most of the hot titles have been ported over to other consoles or were originally released elsewhere and then were ported to the 3DO. For example, Dragon's Lair often comes up when discussing the 3DO library, but that's on every.other.console.in.existence. True quality exclusives are hard to come by here : Blade Force, Monster Manor, AD&D Slayer, Immercenary, Phoenix 3, Twisted … and I'm stumped. That's not to say that a hypothetical 3DO Classic shouldn't have the best titles from its library on there, just that you wouldn't need a 3DO to play most of them. But STARFIGHTER would be a must, since the 3DO version is hands down the best version out there.

So there's Burn:Cycle and??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are there 15-20 good games on the CD-i people would want to play?

1. Burn:Cycle

2. Flashback

3. Dragon Lair II??

4. Zelda Cd-i??? (If they get permission)

5. Other Zelda Cd-i??? (If they get permission)

6. Other Zelda Cd-i??? (If they get permission)

7. Hotel Mario??? (If they get permission)

8. Flowers of Paul Mapleforp?

9. ?????

10. Maybe Mad Dog mccree?

Yo, where's Mutant Rampage Bodyslam? That's a top tier game in the CD-i library.

Edited by Montrealer