IGNORED

Just got my first PEB

videofx

There's talk of building a new run of myarc controllers..

/opinion mode on (ymmv)

Two years ago I *would* have bought one, now it's not even a consideration (for me at least).

The TIPI is much faster than a floppy drive controller and has way more storage capacity than you could ever hope to have, even on a 4 disk DSQD 80 track arrangement. When you consider all the extras the TIPI offers, like WiFi, with it's super easy way to transfer files to the TI, it becomes a no brainer in my book in price, availability and capability.

I'll still keep my FDC for those rare programs that require a disk format to operate properly, but even then the day is coming (I think) that the P-Box will become more of a thing for people running extra cards for specialty reasons.

For me at least, the time has come and gone for a replacement FDC.

/opinion mode off

• Like 1

/opinion mode on (ymmv)

Two years ago I *would* have bought one, now it's not even a consideration (for me at least).

The TIPI is much faster than a floppy drive controller and has way more storage capacity than you could ever hope to have, even on a 4 disk DSQD 80 track arrangement. When you consider all the extras the TIPI offers, like WiFi, with it's super easy way to transfer files to the TI, it becomes a no brainer in my book in price, availability and capability.

I'll still keep my FDC for those rare programs that require a disk format to operate properly, but even then the day is coming (I think) that the P-Box will become more of a thing for people running extra cards for specialty reasons.

For me at least, the time has come and gone for a replacement FDC.

/opinion mode off

I'm inclined to agree with this. Not only is the TIPI a superior disk system, it makes getting files from my PC to the TI so incredibly easy. No more mucking about with HDX files.

Also, while the Lotharek drive IS very good, I found the Gotek drive was unable to write files from the TI back to the image reliably. I constantly ended up with corrupted images that could not be read back into DSK format.

I am eagerly awaiting the TIPI to be back in stock so that I can jump on the bandwagon! Until then, I am enjoying playing with and learning about the PEB which I have recently acquired. Quick question: When I turn off the PEB, the PHP 1250 SS/SD Floppy Drive makes a clunk sound like the head is parking. Is this normal?

I am eagerly awaiting the TIPI to be back in stock so that I can jump on the bandwagon! Until then, I am enjoying playing with and learning about the PEB which I have recently acquired. Quick question: When I turn off the PEB, the PHP 1250 SS/SD Floppy Drive makes a clunk sound like the head is parking. Is this normal?

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Now that you posted your drive clunking when you power off the PRB I know its normal. I have 3 TI drives and they all clunk when powering off the PEB. I also agree that as soon as the TIPI is back in stock I will get one too! I would like the PEB version but I will take what ever comes into stock first!

• Like 1