IGNORED

Colored PF in multisprite kernel?

MemberAtarian

I never got far in background color multi sprite experimentation. Mostly due to fear/uncertainty/denial regarding whether it'd work in the multi kernel framework. Also sprite position affects bands of color in the playfield which is distracting. Sometimes the color of rows change for mysterious reasons.

I'd consider altering one of the score kernels to have a different (say, green) background color and pretend that is the green grass the player is standing on.

UPDATE: I guess I should note that this is just my experience. *I* could be using the kernel mod wrong (or have a goofy environment that doesn't like it.)

I never got far in background color multi sprite experimentation. Mostly due to fear/uncertainty/denial regarding whether it'd work in the multi kernel framework. Also sprite position affects bands of color in the playfield which is distracting. Sometimes the color of rows change for mysterious reasons.

I'd consider altering one of the score kernels to have a different (say, green) background color and pretend that is the green grass the player is standing on.

UPDATE: I guess I should note that this is just my experience. *I* could be using the kernel mod wrong (or have a goofy environment that doesn't like it.)

I changed the kernel last night, it took me 6 hours. :D I removed every part that contained PF and replaced it with a table of color rows, so now there is no background border around.