Jump to content
Vetea

Get Papi ! A first Try with the Intellivision ! :)

Recommended Posts

Yup! That's why I am here trying to help them by spreading awareness putting 'asm org' in their project, maybe we should have 'asm org' awareness month. Great, I'm sounding like a hippie now. :) I don't want people to give up and trash their project and spank their Intellivision due to their game crashing all the time. It's also in the manual too. I think there should be added warning or error message to as1600 assembler if data are writing to address that they're not suppose to.

 

Or ... you could really help people by creating macros or patches to the IntyBASIC epilogue that provide useful information. ;) That's the sort of thing we tried to do with the SDK, but there doesn't seem to be much interest now in continuing that community effort. Even the "Constants.bas" file are not being mentioned by people anymore, instead everybody seems comfortable throwing "magic numbers" around to newbies.

 

I think good abstractions and intuitive interfaces go a lot farther in helping users than just forcing them to learn the guts of the system.

 

However, like I said before, in the absence of anything, even just a macro for "ROMSEG" that encapsulates "ASM ORG" statement and uses a default memory map (like the one in Cart.mac) would still be better than nothing, no? Most users wouldn't really care, and if they are interested in the details, the docs provide plenty of technical gore.

 

-dZ.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, does it let him go in the water? Can he swim or does he drown? Or it just wont let him? I like how he is obscured when he goes under roofs or trees

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's amazing what a console like the #Intellivision make ... I've just done my collision engine and priority Engine between Sprite/Tile Background. #Mattel Rocks !!

 

Looks good. I did notice a few glitches in the sprite priority function. For example, at around 0:14 in the video, you can see Papi momentarily go on top of the tree canopy for a few frames, before switching its background priority on.

 

post-27318-0-29324100-1543063546_thumb.png

post-27318-0-21885100-1543063559_thumb.png

 

This happens in a few places only.

 

By the way, for the benefit of other new programmers, would you mind posting some technical information on the Programming Forum about how you built your collision and priority engine? I am sure that many here can learn from your experience. :)

 

-dZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey !

 

Today, I improve my main Tileset.

 

Sans_titre.png?width=196&height=301

 

The classical "Commando" Bridge is here ! So need it ! ;)

I also redefine the water Card, more fine now.

 

And I forget, retrieve me in Twitter : @CommandoPapi or #PapiCommando ... ;)

 

Cheers,

#PapiCommando

Edited by Vetea
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all !

 

Time has gone and many things has been done ( MD games, SMS Games etc ... )

A week ago, I've decided to continue my last prototype and take it to the end, Papi Commando on the Intellivision with the powerful sdk IntyBasic.

I really like this console to make game .. and need to change with the MD ( I finish my last MD project "La Citadelle du Chaos" )

 

 Let's see the last prototype:

https://twitter.com/StudioVetea/status/1206987356571623425

And follow us in our Twitter :

https://twitter.com/StudioVetea

 

Cheers,

Vetea

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vetea said:

Hello all !

 

Time has gone and many things has been done ( MD games, SMS Games etc ... )

A week ago, I've decided to continue my last prototype and take it to the end, Papi Commando on the Intellivision with the powerful sdk IntyBasic.

I really like this console to make game .. and need to change with the MD ( I finish my last MD project "La Citadelle du Chaos" )

 

 Let's see the last prototype:

https://twitter.com/StudioVetea/status/1206987356571623425

And follow us in our Twitter :

https://twitter.com/StudioVetea

 

Cheers,

Vetea

 

Great to hear you’re back to programming this game. 👍🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vetea said:

Hey !!

Thanks for your support !! ;)

Last WIP with some various effects, pixel art rework, destruction management, etc ...

 

https://twitter.com/StudioVetea/status/1207746581941891073

 

Cheers,

Vetea

 

Looks great. :)

 

I'd adjust the pixelart and/or frames and probably speed of the swaying wheat/yellow grass, as it looks kinda like floppy dildos.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is looking wonderful.  Very colorful graphics and nice speed. Papi is moving great.

 

Was there two Genesis Papi releases? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HeyVetea,

When you finish the game who is going to produce it,meaning make a box,instructions etc. and distribute it?

Do you do all that yourself too?

Just curious.

The games looks outstanding graphics-wise. I have not played your Genesis game.

Thanks for programming for the Intellivision! 👍

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Wolfy !

Thanks for your support !

If the game is done, I try to find a publisher ( like "Coté Gamers" who publish MARIA )

My older production Megadrive are published by three differents one : Watermelon, Second Dimension and Cote Gamers. ;)

Stay tuned !! :D

Cheers,

Vetea

Edited by Vetea
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure !

I just done the new Tileset in the main code !

With my tool, it's really quick en easy !

2.thumb.png.a879d417fb7a53c7daf8448bc9840fc1.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great, you should consider having it published by Intellivision Revolution, they have tons of experience with over 40 Intellivision release and more in the works, and a little bird told me Rev is interested in this game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Looking great, you should consider having it published by Intellivision Revolution, they have tons of experience with over 40 Intellivision release and more in the works, and a little bird told me Rev is interested in this game.

Thanks for throwing that out there Steve,I should have mentioned that as well!👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all,

 

Just update my Tool with DECLES conversion !

 

1.thumb.png.6426a6f4c0fff9dd9bd76adf2bf9beef.png

 

( Graphics DATA take less memory in ROM than BITMAP ... )

Thanks Steve ! I really don't know the Intellivision's Publisher out of France, and the "Game" is not really ready ... I just work on the main engine, improve the speed and optimize the size's Rom.

When I have the game I have in my mind, so we can speak about "Business". ;)

 

Cheers and happy holidays from France !

Vetea

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vetea said:

( Graphics DATA take less memory in ROM than BITMAP ... )

No, when IntyBASIC compile the game.  It takes 2 bitmap statements into 1 word. So it'll be 4 words per tile.  So it'll take the same amount of space as DATA.  But in the source code, it's smaller than bitmap.  Usually I do my tiles graphics and name tables in TileStudio and have IntyCOLOR convert it over.  Sprites are usually left in BITMAP statement since I often do them in Paintshop and key them in per color. 

Coté Gamers is a good publisher.  I brought Muncher Mouse and Knight n More.  I was surprised by the quality of the product when it came in.  The manual and the extra was very colorful and printed on high quality think paper.

 

The game is looking really awesome!!  Keep up the great work!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

No, when IntyBASIC compile the game.  It takes 2 bitmap statements into 1 word. So it'll be 4 words per tile.  So it'll take the same amount of space as DATA.  But in the source code, it's smaller than bitmap.  Usually I do my tiles graphics and name tables in TileStudio and have IntyCOLOR convert it over.  Sprites are usually left in BITMAP statement since I often do them in Paintshop and key them in per color. 

Coté Gamers is a good publisher.  I brought Muncher Mouse and Knight n More.  I was surprised by the quality of the product when it came in.  The manual and the extra was very colorful and printed on high quality think paper.

 

The game is looking really awesome!!  Keep up the great work!

Oh ok ! I just watch the source code size ... My bad.

Thanks anyway ! :)

 

EDIT :

Last video before the Holidays ! :D

 

Edited by Vetea
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...