IGNORED

What Can You Tell Me about the Logitech NetPlay Keyboard for the PS2?

I was doing some research about Logitech controllers on the PS2 because I read that that brand released some of the best controllers on the console. That's how I found about about the Logitech NetPlay Keyboard and I want someone, anyone to tell me something about that thing. According to reference sites like PriceCharting.com those controllers should be collectible and somewhat expense, but someone's selling them for $10 with shipping and I have to know if it's worth acquiring one or not. Some general questions include: are they compatible with every game on the system or just online games? If that's the case, do you recommend using it for any games in particular or is it good just for the purposes of collecting? I think I can't really go wrong for that price. Apparently they come complete in box and most reviews from that seller are fine. It seems he has a stack of them and just wants to get rid of them, but since I can't find that much information about the controller anywhere, I turn to you. It seems most of the people who got one of those back in the day used it for Final Fantasy XI, but I don't know, maybe it works well with strategy games or slow-paced RPGs. Again, I'm just seriously considering it for the low price... Here's a picture:

post-45416-0-20080800-1542130047.jpg

Buy it. If the seller has more than one, please pass along the info. I would love to buy one.

I actually live in Argentina and I have no idea if the site supports international shipping. I'll probably buy one and ask around to see if they allow that. What would I use the controller for though? Do you know if it supports every single PS2 game?

Edited by Games Retrospect

Ah... the shipping from Argentina to US wouldn't be worth it. Thanks anyway.

The keyboard is USB and the game controls are PS1/PS2. They have separate cables and the keyboard even detaches from the main controller. The keyboard will only work with games with keyboard input but the game controls should work with every game.

Ah... the shipping from Argentina to US wouldn't be worth it. Thanks anyway.

The keyboard is USB and the game controls are PS1/PS2. They have separate cables and the keyboard even detaches from the main controller. The keyboard will only work with games with keyboard input but the game controls should work with every game.

So would you recommend it for slow-paced games like RPGs and strategy games? I assume that controller would be a nightmare for action or racing games? What I mean is, I love getting something rare for my collection, but I also want something I can actually use to play games with it. Maybe it'll end up on a shelf unopened... but I love how sturdy Logitech accessories for the PS2 were. Thanks a lot and if anyone else has anything to add before I get it please let me know!

For the PS2 it's really best for online RPGs. Those are the only games I can think of that you really needed a keyboard.

But if you want to use it in an emulation rig, it's an excellent controller for computer emulators that often require keyboard inputs in the games.

• Like 2

I passed on a PS 2 keyboard (in the original box) some time ago -- I do not recall the specific model -- since the box made it clear that is would only work with Everquest (and, possibly, Final Fantasy 11). It's a rather large piece of hardware to store, and it is very limited in use.

I passed on a PS 2 keyboard (in the original box) some time ago -- I do not recall the specific model -- since the box made it clear that is would only work with Everquest (and, possibly, Final Fantasy 11). It's a rather large piece of hardware to store, and it is very limited in use.

Yeah, I'm still thinking about it. I haven't bought it yet and I don't think I'll get it this month either. Honestly, I love the idea of getting something somewhat rare for my collection and in mint condition, but the thing is, I can't justify the purchase because I don't think I'll use it at all. I'm really torn...

I understand. I have passed on numerous oddball controllers and other items (for various systems) simply because I know that I will never play the game/use the hardware/etc. and there is no point in buying something "rare" just to store it away.

The only exception is my original ROB who lives on top of my entertainment centre. I bought that purely as a display piece; I have no idea if it actually works (nor do I care).

I understand. I have passed on numerous oddball controllers and other items (for various systems) simply because I know that I will never play the game/use the hardware/etc. and there is no point in buying something "rare" just to store it away.

The only exception is my original ROB who lives on top of my entertainment centre. I bought that purely as a display piece; I have no idea if it actually works (nor do I care).

That was what I was thinking as well. Maybe if it's something extremely cool that you use once or twice and you then put on a shelf to display it, I'd be more inclined to get it. Maybe I'll get it eventually, but I think I'll focus on buying games to play for now.