IGNORED

1984 Activision 2600 games

John Stamos Mullet

Never had or played private eye or hero, but absolutely love ghostbusters, and pitfall 2. Were those really 84 releases? Didn't know that.

Pitfall 2 I had from bitd, it was definitely a must have for me, which is weird cause I never was a fan of pitfall. Yeah, I know, sacrilege right? Just wasn't my style of game, but this made it for me by having a coherent structured level, and just felt more polished over all. And that kick ass track, I love most any games with theme music, and those rare ones with a soundtrack in game.

Ghost busters came later, like MUCH later, I picked mine up in the late 90's. I played the heck out of it back in the day though (c=64 version) so I knew~ish what I was getting into. I couldn't believe how much of the game was in there, it amazed me, yeah, even a decade and a half later. While nothing as refined as pitfall 2, it also has the theme music in game.

Sometime I'd love to get the other two, but no PayPal limits how I can get them. I still keep an eye out though.

Seems to be a trend these days. People creating new threads, that point to others. WTF?

people get all pissy when you create a thread in the general gaming sections like the 2600 directly linking an eBay auction, and tell you to "go post that in auction central, this doesn't belong here" but auction central gets very little traffic. So I created a proper thread in auction central, and posted a link to it here, and a general comment about these 4 games.

You can ignore the link to the auction and just discuss the games. Or not reply at all.

Edited by John Stamos Mullet

Seems to be a trend these days. People creating new threads, that point to others. WTF?

Post a link, share a link, gimme the link. It's a social media thing and different from old-school forums. Go here, do this.. Doesn't matter what, as long as you're doing.

But this specific case is a form of spam and misdirection. Low.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

Post a link, share a link, gimme the link. It's a social media thing and different from old-school forums. Go here, do this.. Doesn't matter what, as long as you're doing.

But this specific case is a form of spam and misdirection. Low.

it is neither spam, nor misdirection. It is a thread about 4 games I happen to like, and am also selling as a lot. People post links to eBay in here all the time. Calm down. Edited by John Stamos Mullet

I was a bit confused by the title of this thread myself, labeled as 1984 Activision games. And then the picture provided included Ghostbusters, which was technically 1985, and omitted Beamrider & Cosmic Commuter, which were technically 1984.

But that aside, yes, of course the 1984 titles (final Activision releases before the crash were kick ass games. I loved them all. They were some of the best 2600 games ever made.