IGNORED

[S] Cardridge Box Scans

dash_rendar

Hi ATARIans,
with your help, i founded the scans of the cardridges (XL) but now i've the next prob.

The scans here on "AA" contains front and back from the boxes, but nor the sides, could anybody scan in hires the boxes from all sides (one example is enough) of "brown" box and "xe" box? 'coz i wan't to rebuild all of my boxes too.

if the "collection" is finished, i would bring it here as pdf for all. and yepp, a local print-shop would print it on a din-a3-300gramms paperpiece and cut it all out for less then 1 eur! as an example. And yepp, i would take 'em for my doubles, and origins.

And if this "Project" is ready, i want to rebuild all my Cassette-Game-Boxes and my Floppy-Disk-Boxes too. :-)

ah. the first 2 pics of cardridge-labels are done to 90%. if they is completed, i would to paste it in here, ok?

CU dash

Edited by dash_rendar

Apparently, the last adjustment, which is only a demo image, was not OK. Apparently it is here on AA not desired to ask for the opinion of others, because otherwise I wonder why I here within 10 minutes more than 20x was reprimanded via PM, which one does not do something like ATARIaner (meant that one Module labels can not imitate / create themselves), funny funny ...: - /

Got it then and sorry that I had understood that wrong. Will not happen again.
Thank you.

@mod : could you please close this post - ty.

Edited by dash_rendar

people get pretty upset about repro market, the market is now flooded with dozens of fake repros being sold as the real deal, maybe that's where the hate is coming from. as the owner of a lot of these games it would be a huge effort to pull boxes just to make scans. maybe someone else has the time.

I don't see a problem with exact replacement labels at all, I have plenty of cartridges from 2600 on up that need replacement. I could care even less about folks going ape sh*t about some cartridge they got for 19 or 29 dollars 30 years ago and wanting to value it at some ridiculous amount today worried about that amount going down... just keep making exact replacement labels.. maybe on better paper etc. using better glues. No glue or acid spotting or paper turning to dust and falling off and all that crap. A zillion and one ways labels die or get ruined. We shouldn't have to worry about that minuscule band of hermetically sealed folks at all... Let's just do what's best to keep our keepsakes in great looking condition. I wouldn't let their belly aching detour you at all. If you make a reproduction or something label only that as such. A replacement part or label needs no such markings... when I buy replacement parts or labels for anything else on the planet, they are usually exact, and don't have a bunch of notices plastered on, in , or to them stating they are 'replacement' parts of any kind...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

We shouldn't have to worry about that minuscule band of hermetically sealed folks at all... Let's just do what's best to keep our keepsakes in great looking condition. I wouldn't let their belly aching detour you at all.

Absolutely right. I don't care about 100% originality on 40+ year old vintage stuff. It's the experience and fun that count. And I want my stuff to look good, not like crotchety ratbag stuff from the 1970's.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

There's another thread here (that I contributed to) about remaking cart labels and no one seemed to get bent out of shape by that one. Is making repro boxes a bigger crime? If the OP went to emumovies.com he could find 'good enough' boxart templates for most systems that are obviously not the real thing

I don't see a problem with exact replacement labels at all, I have plenty of cartridges from 2600 on up that need replacement. I could care even less about folks going ape sh*t about some cartridge they got for 19 or 29 dollars 30 years ago and wanting to value it at some ridiculous amount today worried about that amount going down... just keep making exact replacement labels.. maybe on better paper etc. using better glues. No glue or acid spotting or paper turning to dust and falling off and all that crap. A zillion and one ways labels die or get ruined. We shouldn't have to worry about that minuscule band of hermetically sealed folks at all... Let's just do what's best to keep our keepsakes in great looking condition. I wouldn't let their belly aching detour you at all. If you make a reproduction or something label only that as such. A replacement part or label needs no such markings... when I buy replacement parts or labels for anything else on the planet, they are usually exact, and don't have a bunch of notices plastered on, in , or to them stating they are 'replacement' parts of any kind...

I'm perfectly fine with exact replacement labels on original cartridges. I'd certain rather buy a used product with a replacement label than one without that needs it. And I'm willing to pay a few bucks more so I don't have to do it myself. I'm also fine with reproductions that look like originals if I can get them in new condition, with a new box for less than original MIB.

In fact, I have some "reproductions" (in quotes because they are betas never released in the first place) that wouldn't even exist if not for someone making labels and boxes and manuals for them, all to look like they are original and fit perfectly on the shelf with real originals! But then I use it all and the collection to look at on the shelf is for me and friends to enjoy, and not for some investment I expect to increase in value as they get older and rarer.

The only reason I'd ever sell is if I was in dire-straights due to some financial emergency, etc. So original, repro, I don't really care as long as they aren't passed off and sold as original costing me more.

DOH! I just noticed taking this picture that somehow my Commando box got creases in the upper and lower right corners! I have no idea how it happened! It's been up on a shelf, supposedly untouched!

post-149-0-37802300-1545145068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1