IGNORED

HSC Season 10 - Game 2 and 2 bis/10 - FROGGER / Christmas Carol

scalpel

By the way, if any new programmers out there are in search of a project, may I recommend re-doing Frogger with good music and better controls? It doesn't even have to be very fancy -- the same limited conversion as the Parker Bros. version would be fine. All it needs is proper music and more responsive controls. :)

-dZ.

This. I have no clue how you guys navigated the vehicle portion in the higher levels. The disc was very unresponsive for quick darting about. LOTS of unregistered clicks. I thought it might be my controller, but it was plenty responsive for Carol and Worm Whomper. I could have scored way higher with better movement control.

You are completely right about it being an issue with the programming. I tried playing it using Jzintv and an arcade stick, and I still had problems with unregistered movements. The later stages were still very difficult when trying to cross the road, just as you said.

This. I have no clue how you guys navigated the vehicle portion in the higher levels. The disc was very unresponsive for quick darting about. LOTS of unregistered clicks. I thought it might be my controller, but it was plenty responsive for Carol and Worm Whomper. I could have scored way higher with better movement control.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had the same issues, a lot of times it was a crap shoot if these controls would react to your request.. I was wondering the same thing.. What would my score be if it did.. But we all played with the same limitations which makes bamse high score very impressive ... Cheers

• Like 1

I don't understand how anyone "couldn't" have played Christmas Carol. I think they just "didn't." It happens all the time in high score clubs, right? A couple people don't play a game. Those who do however, get points.

Anyone can play that game if they want to. If they can make it to the HSC, that means they have (at least occasionally) access to a computer, and (at least occasional) internet access... which is also, coincidentally, all one needs to play Christmas Carol vs the Ghost of Christmas Presents!

Well, whatever you decide you're the cap'n. :)

But I would think, why not include people's scores who DID decide to play?

Isn't that always what we get points for anyway?

If Intymike and ed1475 couldn't play, we can't include Christmas Carol but if Intymike and ed1475 refused to play, I could include it... they have to tell me :)

Awww :( And I finally didn't do that bad. Oh well.

I don't understand how anyone "couldn't" have played Christmas Carol. I think they just "didn't." It happens all the time in high score clubs, right? A couple people don't play a game. Those who do however, get points.

Anyone can play that game if they want to. If they can make it to the HSC, that means they have (at least occasionally) access to a computer, and (at least occasional) internet access... which is also, coincidentally, all one needs to play Christmas Carol vs the Ghost of Christmas Presents!

Well, whatever you decide you're the cap'n. :)

But I would think, why not include people's scores who DID decide to play?

Isn't that always what we get points for anyway?

Ok, we are counting the Christmas Carol competition too! :)

• Like 1

Thanks. Your advice helped too :)

Dont worry too much about that last level. The Candy Cove is lined with the bones of fallen elves. Its where the mighty go to die. LOL!

I curse myself for designing it every time I play it. :o