IGNORED

Impossible Mission II ??

Stevaside

I never knew or at least don't remember hearing there was a sequel. In fact, I only knew the original as a 7800 game in my childhood from seeing it on the commercial, and during my teens when I began collecting, bought it & got to play it. It wasn't until a little later that I learned it had home computer & other console versions.

Anyways I've been researching DOS games lately, went to look at footage on YT & discovered this on the NES. Figured some of u on here might get a kick out of it like I did lol Not too many funnier death screams come to mind ATM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqoc8DD02aY

I never knew or at least don't remember hearing there was a sequel. In fact, I only knew the original as a 7800 game in my childhood from seeing it on the commercial, and during my teens when I began collecting, bought it & got to play it. It wasn't until a little later that I learned it had home computer & other console versions.

Anyways I've been researching DOS games lately, went to look at footage on YT & discovered this on the NES. Figured some of u on here might get a kick out of it like I did lol Not too many funnier death screams come to mind ATM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqoc8DD02aY

You may as well grab the updated rom to play via emulator it since the 7800 cart version was, as the title proclaims, impossible due to a bug putting required pieces behind unsearchable items. IM was the second game for my Commodore 64 that I ever owned.

• Like 1

You may as well grab the updated rom to play via emulator it since the 7800 cart version was, as the title proclaims, impossible due to a bug putting required pieces behind unsearchable items. IM was the second game for my Commodore 64 that I ever owned.

Oh yea, I've long known Impossible Mission was literallly "Impossible" lol Cool, I knew of the Commodore 64 when I was a kid, but never saw or played one or knew much at all about computer games of any kind until my family got our first IBM PC in early-mid 90s

I think the PAL 7800 cart is possible as the bug was corrected for that one before the mask rom was manufactured.

Also the NES had Impossible Mission II released for it, but it was from an unlicensed 3rd party developer.

(not to be confused with Mission: Impossible by Konami/Ultra which was of course licensed & based on the TV show (now a movie series too) and having nothing to do with Impossible Mission.

• Like 1

Just wanting to be sure people clicked on the Youtube video of the death scream in the NES version of part II I ran into, that was kind of the gist of this post, I thought some of u might find it as funny as I did . Think some of u might have overlooked it? If not, carry on lol. Sorry I don't know how to let the large YT thumbnail show or embed it, never tried. Just saw the "add link" option & did that

Edited by Stevaside
  • Like 1

Just wanting to be sure people clicked on the Youtube video of the death scream in the NES version of part II I ran into, that was kind of the gist of this post, I thought some of u might find it as funny as I did . Think some of u might have overlooked it? If not, carry on lol. Sorry I don't know how to let the large YT thumbnail show or embed it, never tried. Just saw the "add link" option & did that

FYI, it usually works if you copy the address directly from the webpage address bar and paste it directly into the post and hit enter.

• Like 1

I was playing the arcade game Dazzler in MAME and someone thought the it sounded like someone falling off a cliff when you die. AHHhhhhhhh! Its kind of funny, too.