IGNORED

JasenCustoms’s Brook Retro Board suggestions

tripletopper

Jasencustoms.com is developing with Brookaccessory.com a remake of a Fight stick board similar to a PS360+ for Akishop-customs.com and the Toodles MC Cthulhu. They let you play with arcade style sticks on PS3 to systems down to the NES using an Ethernet cable.

There one gapping hole i the colection, The Sega Genesis. The reason is because the Ethernet port has only 8 unique pins, and the Genesis has 9. The 3DO might be made already, but there was no daisy chaining multiplayer. It probably has something to do with the ninth pin.

If the only thing from preventing a Genesis and 3DO fight stick is a a ninth pin, maybe there should be a Paleo board with 15 (possibly more) pins. We just got to find an arbitrary a standard with 15 pins to handle the Jaguar and 5200, and more if necessary, and use the first 8 to go to an ethernet female adapter so those previously made RJ45 connectors work retroactively without having to repurchase them for the new Paleo standard.

I’m writing this to see if anyone in the AtariAge community is interested in hooking up a fight stick to a Jaguar, cd-I, Neo Geo, 7800, SMS, or a pre-NES system if you’re going to sell Jasencustoms on making a paleo board, you got to increase the customer base so If you want to use a handmade individual fight stick for everything from a PS3 to a 2600, show them you’l buy the Brook Paleo Board, and the appropriate cables.

This is mainly for people whose console collection goes from the 2600 to the Switch. How many of you are in?

By the way, this is in the "idea phase" I can’t promise it will come out, but it would be more likely if people are willing to pay $50 for a PCB, and $10-15 for each adapter for each system.

The nine-pins might be a combo adapter to handle all 9-pin standards. I count TEN different 9-pin standards for joystick controllers as far as I know (with the exceptions that prevent the higher compatible standard from being universal in parentheses) : 3DO, Genesis 6 button, Genesis 3 button (for Ms Pac Man and Forgotten Worlds), Master System (for Montezuma’s Revenge), 7800, Colecovision Super Action, Colecovision Standard (for Activision Decathlon and Q*Bert’s Qubes), Intellivision, Bally Astrocade (for non-paddle games), and 2600 Booster Grip. The basic 2600 works with both Genesis, 7800, both Colecovision, and (I don’t know if the extra buttons cause errors) 2600 booster grip.

Let’s see if there’s interest. We can bleed into the Shoryuken.com community and show them this idea works for more than just fighting games. And arcade style stick makes you feel like you’re at the arcade, and is a legal performance enhancer.

• 2 years later...
On 12/23/2018 at 10:19 PM, tripletopper said:

Jasencustoms.com is developing with Brookaccessory.com a remake of a Fight stick board similar to a PS360+ for Akishop-customs.com and the Toodles MC Cthulhu. They let you play with arcade style sticks on PS3 to systems down to the NES using an Ethernet cable.

There one gapping hole i the colection, The Sega Genesis. The reason is because the Ethernet port has only 8 unique pins, and the Genesis has 9. The 3DO might be made already, but there was no daisy chaining multiplayer. It probably has something to do with the ninth pin.

If the only thing from preventing a Genesis and 3DO fight stick is a a ninth pin, maybe there should be a Paleo board with 15 (possibly more) pins. We just got to find an arbitrary a standard with 15 pins to handle the Jaguar and 5200, and more if necessary, and use the first 8 to go to an ethernet female adapter so those previously made RJ45 connectors work retroactively without having to repurchase them for the new Paleo standard.

I’m writing this to see if anyone in the AtariAge community is interested in hooking up a fight stick to a Jaguar, cd-I, Neo Geo, 7800, SMS, or a pre-NES system if you’re going to sell Jasencustoms on making a paleo board, you got to increase the customer base so If you want to use a handmade individual fight stick for everything from a PS3 to a 2600, show them you’l buy the Brook Paleo Board, and the appropriate cables.

This is mainly for people whose console collection goes from the 2600 to the Switch. How many of you are in?

By the way, this is in the "idea phase" I can’t promise it will come out, but it would be more likely if people are willing to pay $50 for a PCB, and $10-15 for each adapter for each system.

The nine-pins might be a combo adapter to handle all 9-pin standards. I count TEN different 9-pin standards for joystick controllers as far as I know (with the exceptions that prevent the higher compatible standard from being universal in parentheses) : 3DO, Genesis 6 button, Genesis 3 button (for Ms Pac Man and Forgotten Worlds), Master System (for Montezuma’s Revenge), 7800, Colecovision Super Action, Colecovision Standard (for Activision Decathlon and Q*Bert’s Qubes), Intellivision, Bally Astrocade (for non-paddle games), and 2600 Booster Grip. The basic 2600 works with both Genesis, 7800, both Colecovision, and (I don’t know if the extra buttons cause errors) 2600 booster grip.

Let’s see if there’s interest. We can bleed into the Shoryuken.com community and show them this idea works for more than just fighting games. And arcade style stick makes you feel like you’re at the arcade, and is a legal performance enhancer.

I would buy this. Also its a pretty niche thing so you can probably ask for more than 50.