IGNORED

Did you get anything Atari for Xmas? (a bit early but give it time)

Mclaneinc

I myself didn't, I got a HUGE Pooh Bear mug which is lovely and some other really sweet stuff but its all about our daughter, a big smile from her is a present enough..

But did anyone actually get Atari stuff?

Even if its a present to yourself :)

Spread the Xmas cheer..

Paul..

All early Christmas presents from others and to myself.

800 computer

810 disk drive

3 Infocom titles THGTTG, Lurking Horror, Zork I CIB

Atari beer mug

3 SIO cables*

Super Sketch art tablet & cart software*

Alternate Reality themed mouse mat*

Atari 400 themed mouse mat*

Vintage Atari 400/800 ad on a metal plate/sign*

Christmas card & $100 check from a relative which will be used for Atari goods.

*Gifts from me to me. ;) I bought the same gifts (except Super Sketch and SIO cables) for others as presents and got an extra of each for my self.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

I think that the last time I got anything Atari related for Christmas it was like 1985.

That would be about the same for me, except this year. Strictly speaking of gifts from others. I make sure I get myself something Atari related every Christmas because usually I never get any from anyone else. You need to do the same for yourself if no one else will...

• Like 1

Got sick, and a day early too. Completely missed Christmas dinner and feel weak as a kitten. Christmas always delivers. :)

What a bummer, now I suppose you'll turn into the Grinch that stole Christmas just to avoid getting sick again! :mad: :P

I hope they saved you some left-overs, Christmas left-overs taste better anyway...

• Like 1

Yep: reasonably healthy all year and I get sick on Christmas Eve. :)

What a bummer, now I suppose you'll turn into the Grinch that stole Christmas just to avoid getting sick again! :mad: :P

I hope they saved you some left-overs, Christmas left-overs taste better anyway...

Grinch is pretty much my default state anyway, but yes: Deborah brought back a plate of dinner and I felt a bit better after I got that down. It's an unavoidable irony that everyone is grouped together for the festivities at the exact time that a lot of cold and flu is going around. I'm pretty much on red-alert the whole time when I see someone coughing or sneezing even when I am participating fully. :)

• Like 1

My lot are all full of this cold / flu thing...Cindy coughs all night and Serena sneezes every two mins..I'm slightly blocked but about the best of us lot..

No use spending great wads of cash on cough stuff here, they rarely do anything useful and drain what cash we have. Got cough represent for me earlier in the year, what a waste of cash that was, any anaesthesia type quality it was supposed to have didn't do a thing, throat tickled like hell, cough hurt the throat and the vicious circle continued...

My wife all things Atari, so...No.

Your wife is all things Atari? Interesting woman...no need for Atari gifts because your wife is all of them...I'm guessing maybe you forgot the word 'hate" or similar in there?

One of many reasons I remained a bachelor...no woman will ever tell me what I can or can't own, like, use, have as a hobby or otherwise. I never found a woman who didn't want to change me and my life. I'm who I am because I like me, and I live how I want.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

...no woman will ever tell me what I can or can't own, like, use, have as a hobby or otherwise. I never found a woman who didn't want to change me and my life. I'm who I am because I like me, and I live how I want.

Lonnie Smith (here accompanied by the great George Benson on guitar) wrote a song about this:

:)

• Like 2

No use spending great wads of cash on cough stuff here, they rarely do anything useful and drain what cash we have.

Yeah, we have a saying around here. Usually, it takes about a week to get rid of a minor cold. If you take this and that over-the-counter "medicine", it takes 7 days.

• Like 1

Lonnie Smith (here accompanied by the great George Benson on guitar) wrote a song about this:

:)

I never wanted a woman I could just control though, just not one that wants to control me...50 years old and I've yet to meet one, even those who are relatives.