IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

.... It will be the same situation for the exclusive Collectorvision Club game, those of use that joined up early enough to qualify for the exclusive game would be pretty upset if Collectorvision released the rom for free. Manufactured rarity is a thing now, its unfortunate, but there it is.

People who get the game from the Club will be free to leek the rom file (included with the CIB game)

''Rarity is a thing now''

Well, trust me, I wish we could (always) sell 500-1000 copies and by that, lower the price of our games at the same time.

But the market is simply not there, hence why we're forced to do small run

Besides, we certainly don't want ending up printing too much copies

It will be the same situation for the exclusive Collectorvision Club game, those of use that joined up early enough to qualify for the exclusive game would be pretty upset if Collectorvision released the rom for free.

Just for the record, I could care less. Maybe have a wait of like 2-4 years to encourage sales, but after that, the more the merrier; Whether selling another run, selling the rom or releasing the rom for free.

The Gamester 81 game woulda been cool!!

but honestly, thank you Collectorvision, I am literally snowed in my house unable to go anywhere, so I am enjoying the roms to games I didnt already have!!! Really loving these!!

Gamester81 was published by "atari2600.com", which I think has become a ghost site now. Still there but not operational.

That should move a bit more funding your way I would think, as long as people are aware of its existence.

Since I don't really have an interest in carts themselves, in a way I wish I'd know about this alternate way of getting the roms prior to the original offer but I can't say I have regret, there is excellent value in the roms provided per $ spent. There are some true gems. Jesus is Ripcord ever addictive and I find it more fun than the arcade version! There are other gems too, I'm a big fan of Lode Runner and nice to see a Colecovision version, seems to play great too.

Many thanks again for making it available.

Edited by Loafer

Collectorvision promised you to have access to their rom vault. They never said that you will have access to all the roms.

They don't own my roms. This agreement has been done between me and JF years ago ... i let him publish my rom on cartridge for a number of cartridges predefined and I keep all the right on my roms.

I will release all my roms in once for FREE (except GNz,) when i will leave the colecovision scene (lot of people will be happy :D ) . (my objective if to release 10 games for the CV and then stop)

By the way , Collectorvision at this time was even not a "company".

OK, thanks for that perfectly reasonable explanation, I certainly didn't know this agreement had been years ago. Well, at least you are upfront about offering your roms to the community "one day." Can't see why many will be happy when you leave the scene, as that will be a sad day for me. Coleco programmers aren;t growing on trees, after all.

Edited by zyzzle
  • Like 2

Company?

Lol, well, kind of ...

We've no offices, warehouse and stuff like that

We might look like a company, but truth is we're a VERY SUPER SMALL one

The information i have is that "CollectorVision" exists legally as a company since 14-03-2014 . that's a very good thing! :thumbsup: There are lot others homebrew "company" that have no legal existence at all.

The C64 market is way different than the CV one

Very true. Some of the devs do sell full boxed versions of their games, tho.

Having played Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe on both Commodore 64 & Colecovision I can honestly say I enjoyed playing on both systems even tho the C64 version has a little special cameo that made me laugh after the player gets their game over.

• Like 1