IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

35 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Er, no :?
We need to recoup the money we've invested into it 

Members will still get an Exclusive CIB game 

What about special promotions or benefits exclusive for members?  Any word? Maybe free shipping or a discount code or something........ Or it is not going to happen?

7 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I'll have more informations regarding the vault when I'll be back from the Game on Expo 

The Exclusive Club game is not Berzerk 
It was supposed to be Vanguard but we've decided to make another game instead
We're currently working on it and it's progressing very well

Shame. I love me some Vanguard. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I'd pay an outside club price for a rom of Vanguard. I mean, not some crazy astronomical price but a reasonable one? Yeah. Like I said, love me some Vanguard.

Edited by H.E.R.O.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, digress said:

the entire point is if not in the club you won't know what it was.

Club has already been worth it. looking forward to the surprise game too. no hurry. they are getting the phoenix shipped at the moment.

What extras have you gotten from the club? I might have missed them.... thanks 

20 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Well, yes, absolutely you've got to recoup what you've put into it, I wasn't suggesting that that the rom be given away (at least not while you still have boxed copies of the game to sell and / or haven't recouped your expenses!), but rather inquiring if Vanguard might be available in a digital form (.ROM) for a fee, for your club members? I'd gladly pay to be able to play the game on an emulator.

25 minutes ago, zyzzle said:

Well, yes, absolutely you've got to recoup what you've put into it, I wasn't suggesting that that the rom be given away (at least not while you still have boxed copies of the game to sell and / or haven't recouped your expenses!), but rather inquiring if Vanguard might be available in a digital form (.ROM) for a fee, for your club members? I'd gladly pay to be able to play the game on an emulator.

Gotcha

Well, yes the rom will enventually going to be in the membership vault
But it will take awhile, maybe for next year membership 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, alortegac said:

Any word on the specials and exclusive games for members? Intv and colecovision. 

Thanks 

CV game is fully done, we should have it shipped soon enough

Intv game is still in the works, but we should have it done soon, my guess is end of September

We're very sorry for the delay on this, we didn't expect this year to be that much busy 
But hey, good busy ;)

• Like 1

I agree that it would be nice for club members to have access to purchase the roms ahead of the general public. We are the folks who contributed in advance and you know who we are. Of course, I see the other side of the coin as well, but it would be a nice perk. 

37 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Wich additional roms you guys are reffering for?

If that's directed at me then Vanguard & Challenger. Mostly Vanguard. Ok, really mostly Vanguard.........ok, all Vanguard but I'd take Challenger as well. 

Pretty sure they mean the two new games challenger and vanguard

I've stated before that I am not a big buyer of carts, I've moved on from that and am more into the convenience of roms (though I won't lie, I'm really liking the Sydney hunter cart that came with the phoenix :) ).  In saying that I think I speak for all in that we know you can't compete against yourself and the issue of piracy is real. So all I would say is once your run is done and completely sold out, I hope you consider the vault as a path for future releases and/or sell a rom version. I know if the rom was priced accordingly (ie: no need for cart, printing manual, box, etc), I'd likely support you guys with each release.

Anyway that's my take, totally get that piracy is real and puts the kebosh on stuff we recommend.

I was referring to any new games, in this case Challenger and Vanguard. It would be nice if club members could purchase new game roms before the general public, but as Loafer said above, piracy is real, and I certainly don't want the people who put so much passion and effort into keeping our hobby alive to take a hit because of it. Simply making conversation. 

There was a post by maybe Brian, not sure that clarified that this is not the case.  Colecovision club members get only colecovision roms and exclusive coleco game. Intellivision club members get only intellivision roms and exclusive intv game.  retroillucid had made a mistake, he had misunderstood the club membership benefits.  they were selling each club separately and some people have bought into both clubs.   This would not be fair to them if everyone gets access to both clubs.  There was miscommunication but that is my current understanding of where we stand with "the clubs"

Edited by Loafer
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Loafer said:

There was a post by maybe Brian, not sure that clarified that this is not the case.  Colecovision club members get only colecovision roms and exclusive coleco game. Intellivision club members get only intellivision roms and exclusive intv game.  retroillucid had made a mistake, he had misunderstood the club membership benefits.  they were selling each club separately and some people have bought into both clubs.   This would not be fair to them if everyone gets access to both clubs.  There was miscommunication but that is my current understanding of where we stand with "the clubs"

That is correct

Next year, we might only do a CV Club and no more INtv Club 

Edited by retroillucid