IGNORED

Digital Copy ROMs

darryl1970

And, sadly, you're right that I'm generally not a nice person to interact with. There's no problem if I only go shopping or eating at a restaurant, that is, the waiters and clerks probably have no problem, but the more people get to know me on a deeper level, the more I seem to get on their nerves or annoy them. I've already realized that, but I'm unsure what to do about it.

Don't be too hard on yourself. What we type it's often misinterpreted by those who read it. In an online forum, interpretation is formed greatly by what the reader is expecting. It's very hard to re-read our own posts and try to assume every possible way a comment can be interpreted. I think web groups, like AtariAge, are GREAT, because they bring people with the same interests together from all over the world. On the down side, we do not truly know each other as people; that can be a challenge. Thanks for sharing a little personal information. It makes you more "real" and not just another screen name.

My comments where directed at those that seem to expect everything for free or next to it and call foul or garbage when they don't get what they want.

I am not assuming you think this, but I want to clarify to whomever may read this: THIS particular post wasn't started about getting free ROMs. I would personally pay for a ROM for my AtariMax or future 7800 SD cart, because I like the idea of supporting AtariAge and developers. I don't have a lot of room left for carts. This was meant to be a brainstorming session, just to see if anybody felt it. I think it would be one more way to support AA and developers, while justifying our SD carts. Somewhere, some Baby Pac stuff got carried over to this thread. I purposely tried to distance it a little from that.

Hopefully peace returns shortly.

I'll leave it at this. I love the work that PacManPlus has done and want to again say thanks for all the wonderful games you've made for the 7800. You've turned a lackluster library into a great one. Thanks :)

It looks like things are peaceful. With all of the potential for division in online chat/text, it's great that our community was able overcome.

• Like 1

When reading this, I just got another idea... one that would bring it closer to the arcade model, where you pay for play...

instead of being able to download them, the ROM's could be put into an online emulator, ad-supported and/or with a donate button beside them, similar to what RandomTerrain has created here: http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-program-tone-toy-2008.html(which, by the way, is how I found some of the pinball sounds of Baby Pac-Man). That way you could try the games, but you could not copy them.

• Like 1