IGNORED

pengo rarity and valuable?

alterdimension

sorry about this post. I put it in the wrong area before.

i went to ebay searching for a copy of pengo. i can't find it anywhere on ebay. there was one on two days ago for 115.00 complete, but sold very quickly. i found it on amazon for 60-70 dollars, there were four of them. is pengo really gotten extremely rare and valuable, or is it just me.

I personally don't think that it is that rare. It has been slowly on the rise. Are you looking for CIB or loose?

I paid $50 for my CIB last July. There have been some new collectors with very deep pockets that have shown up on ebay in the past 4 months driving a lot of prices up.

I lost out on several (4-6 rarity) CIB's that have never or rarely sold for $75 that ended up going from 200 to as high as 450 in a few cases. There were talks of shill bibbing in some cases.

There is one in a closed FB group I am a member of, right now they are asking $80 for a CIB 2600 Pengo.

Just my opinion.

I paid $.99 for my loose copy (Salvation Army) years ago. Another buck or two from someone here for the manual several years after that.

But yeah, prices are all over the place, especially for CIB. For years, we typically saw $15-$20 for loose, $20-$30 for cart w/ manual and $50-$70 for CIB.

• Like 2

I got one years ago for around $15 but when I played it it had Maze Craze on it. The cartridge didn't seem tampered with but when I mentioned it to the seller they refunded the money no questions asked, which led me to believe they knew or it was counterfeit some how.

I think the PAL version is a lot rarer than the NTSC version. I've never seen one around in all my years of collecting, although it might be more common in Europe than it is in Australia. Am i right in saying that the NTSC version is only available in silver label, and the PAL version only available in black label?

Yes,

PAL Version (Black Picture Label) is much rarer that the NTSC Version (silver Label).

According to my current knowledge i am not aware that ever a boxed PAL version was found.

Most of the carts were found in the Scandinavian countries. (Northern Europe)
Some came with a Video rental box.

i can not remember about a manual.

Anyway, i have sold a boxed NTSC Version some month ago for US$65

Edited by Schitti