NIAD

ADAMnet Drive Emulator by Sean Myers

Hello All,

This may be a stupid question but I just recently got my Coleco Adam and I am loving it but I have looked high and low and cannot locate a real floppy drive or the old SD emulator option. I am hearing about this new project but this might be just beyond my skills to put together is any one Interested in putting together of these things for me and shipping it to me , I would be happy to pay a very reasonable price for it. If not no worries and I will watch the project with interest to see if anything goes into production.

Thanks again in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Killjoyy27,

Like you I'm a relatively recent ADAM owner and am enjoying it's special brand of strangeness. For what it's worth I'd certainly recommend this device - it works really well, is cheap, and you do have options to get one.

-Over on the Coleco Facebook page I believe there's a run of production versions being made, maybe you can snag one?

(not on Facebook myself)

-If you can solder at all it's not so hard to DIY - The two main boards plug together, a microSD adaptor to solder to the Arduino, two resistors, one Transistor, and wiring in an ADAMNet cable. Then program the firmware and plug in... I left a step-by-step guide further up the thread for further info.

-Where do you live? If you need one building I'm in the UK, and if that's too far (postage) there may be volunteers closer to home.

Hello All,

This may be a stupid question but I just recently got my Coleco Adam and I am loving it but I have looked high and low and cannot locate a real floppy drive or the old SD emulator option. I am hearing about this new project but this might be just beyond my skills to put together is any one Interested in putting together of these things for me and shipping it to me , I would be happy to pay a very reasonable price for it. If not no worries and I will watch the project with interest to see if anything goes into production.

Thanks again in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the Coleco ADAM Facebook page and send a PM to John Lundy as he has made a couple runs already and looks like he has supplies to build another 15-20.

I dig this and would like to get one.

I have two VDD's from MicroFox and although they do the job there are shortcomings.

Personally to do what I want it's just a hassle with the MF VDD's and my emails just to put it frankly is there will be no updates or improvements.

So, I have no issue buying at least one of these and use the MF for backups or sell them.

If I had a wish list it would be one that you can literally place it in a DDP drive space and plug it in to the DDP connectors.